What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

This AMD Laptop may be TOO GOOD to Sell - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 Review

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

The AMD Ryzen 7 4800U is one of the best laptop CPUs you can buy right now and the Lenovo Ideapad Slim 7 and Yoga Slim 7 were supposed to be two of the first thin and light laptops to get it. But with the Slim 7 availability delayed again and again in North America it feels like something's going on behind the scenes. Either way its finally time to look at performance, battery life, build quality and temperatures for this Lenovo laptop.

Timestamps:

0:00 - Ideapad Slim 7 vs Yoga Slim 7
2:49 - Ideapad Slim 7 Specs
3:36 - Exterior Design & Dimensions
4:46 - Keyboard & Trackapd
6:12 - Webcam & Speakers
7:05 - Ports & IO
7:30 - Display
8:39 - Ideapad Slim 7 Upgrade Options
8:53 - Slim 7 Battery Life
9:26 - 30W of POWER!
11:47 - Real World Performance
12:34 - Gaming Performance
13:11 - We NEED This Back!

Written Review: https://hardwarecanucks.com/notebooks/lenovo-ideapad-slim-7-review/

Last edited:

Entz

Definitely has nice specs. You can CTO a T14 / T14s with the 4750U which is close enough I think. But I would love to see an extreme with a 4800HS or something similar...

AMD needs to get this shortage sorted out QUICK.

Mr. Friendly

Definitely has nice specs. You can CTO a T14 / T14s with the 4750U which is close enough I think. But I would love to see an extreme with a 4800HS or something similar...

AMD needs to get this shortage sorted out QUICK.
it's funny...Intel can't ship enough CPU's...AMD can't ship enough CPU's...and Intel is still making loads of money hand over fist than AMD despite that.

and with the lack of AMD solutions out there, but new Intel one's coming out (ie. this IdeaPad Slim 7 debacle where AMD models disappeared and Intel one's appeared)...I wonder what Intel is doing in the background leveraging their power against AMD again.

Dwayne

it's funny...Intel can't ship enough CPU's...AMD can't ship enough CPU's...and Intel is still making loads of money hand over fist than AMD despite that.

and with the lack of AMD solutions out there, but new Intel one's coming out (ie. this IdeaPad Slim 7 debacle where AMD models disappeared and Intel one's appeared)...I wonder what Intel is doing in the background leveraging their power against AMD again.

I imagine that Intel is selling CPUs to the OEMs for some really good prices, in lots of 10,000 or more. Pretty simple, no tin foil required.

Mr. Friendly

no tin foil required.
then why are there literally no premium AMD notebooks from anyone...and why the weird reversal / switcheroo on the Slim 7? it was originally an AMD model, but have disappeared with Intel models taking their place?

besides...this is tech. there is always hanky panky going on. LCD price fixing...RAM price fixing...Intel unfair industry practices...and now Google, Facebook and Apple are all being investigated for unfairly leveraging themselves to stifle competition.

Latest posts

Twitter