What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

This card any good ? (SOLVED)

JD

Staff member
This card has been cheaper on Newegg's Shell Shocker deals. I recall it being $749 at one point. If you don't need it right now, I'd wait it out for the prices to drop.

Jim

This card has been cheaper on Newegg's Shell Shocker deals. I recall it being $749 at one point. If you don't need it right now, I'd wait it out for the prices to drop.
Oh thanks JD ,as for the card is it as good as all the rest ?

Bartacus

I can't speak to that particular card, but I have a pair of Zotac 980s, AMP edition. They've been good to me, no complaints. The higher priced ones might have slightly higher boost clocks, or better looking coolers, etc, but for the most part they're almost all the same. The biggest differences tend to be aesthetic. Can't comment on the stock cooler since mine are underwater though, so that might be something to do a bit of research on (ie how loud it is), in case noise is an issue for you.

Lysrin

I have a ZOTAC Amp! Extreme 1070 that I have been very pleased with. I have owned EVGA and Gigabyte in the past and have now added ZOTAC to my trusted manufacturers list. Works great, quiet, and fast. And I believe ZOTAC has Canadian RMA which is a good option assuming you ever need it.

In terms of it being "as good as all the rest" performance wise I would say yes. There really isn't that much difference in performance between all the major brands. Some may overclock a bit more than others but in terms of GTX 1080 performance they are all great.

Jim

I can't speak to that particular card, but I have a pair of Zotac 980s, AMP edition. They've been good to me, no complaints. The higher priced ones might have slightly higher boost clocks, or better looking coolers, etc, but for the most part they're almost all the same. The biggest differences tend to be aesthetic. Can't comment on the stock cooler since mine are underwater though, so that might be something to do a bit of research on (ie how loud it is), in case noise is an issue for you.
thanks Bartacus ,great points,I ordered it, free freight,can be returned up to a couple of months,no restock fee,hard to beat Amazon

Jim

I have a ZOTAC Amp! Extreme 1070 that I have been very pleased with. I have owned EVGA and Gigabyte in the past and have now added ZOTAC to my trusted manufacturers list. Works great, quiet, and fast. And I believe ZOTAC has Canadian RMA which is a good option assuming you ever need it.

In terms of it being "as good as all the rest" performance wise I would say yes. There really isn't that much difference in performance between all the major brands. Some may overclock a bit more than others but in terms of GTX 1080 performance they are all great.
:clap:

Latest posts

Twitter