What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

This Is How Your Wife Reacts When You Buy a Toyota GT86

gingerbee

if i would ever marry a women who doesn't think that's a nice car well she would have to go chicks gotta dig cars

all i see is a bunch of men who gotta get new girls lmao

IRQ Conflict

Bizarre commercial. Is Toyota trying to tell middle aged men that it's better to suffer with an embittered spouse and buy their rice rocket? What responsible married man would do such a thing without first consulting his other half?

The only way I could see this as being negative for the wife is if you were already under water and you went out and got yourself (and her) into more debt.

Marriage is a union and a partnership. Not to be taken lightly. Unless of course you shouldn't be married in the first place. I find the ad juvenile and irresponsible. Sends a poor message to the younger crowd imo.

gingerbee

i agree about talking to your better half lol and it's a dumb ad but if your a car guy and married someone who isn't then that's your fault i dont think it sends the wrong idea at all cars were once fun adn should be again adn they dont have to be gas pigs to enjoy them hence why i like this car. it's cheap version of the lfa

IRQ Conflict

Me and my wife have made about six vehicle purchases in the last seven years. No problems. Why? Cause we discuss these things not just do what we want. For the betterment of us both. No one is saying not to have fun. Why bring up gas guzzlers?

Dzzope

As said above, if it's a big financial thing you discuss it with the other half, if it's not then there is no problem.

Love how it's always described as a mid-life crisis.. It just so happens that most people are only financially secure enough to be able to buy something like that after the kids are grown and gone..

I think that this ad is possibly not sending the intended message (possibly) I would do something like this for an ad but have it that the car isn't as expensive as it looks / feels / goes / people expect it to be.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I'm really unsure about the significance of the naked dude....

BlueByte

A bad commercial, with a bad image for Toyota...hell the car gets a baseball bat taken to it so its lose lose.... But I do like the top comment.

"A woman may buy a US$2000,00 dress that she will use twice in her life, but a man cannot buy a expensive car that will be used every day and probably have a better price/weight rate. AND we are selfish or in a midlife crisis!"

JayDeeHobbit

Made me chuckle.
The message? Well I read it as "I saw it! I loved it! I wanted FUN! I bought it!" and when he gets home = "We need new drapes... and carpets... and I need my 93rd pair of shoes... and... " :p
Guys NEED toys !!1!!!!!

Latest posts