What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

This Is How Your Wife Reacts When You Buy a Toyota GT86

Dzzope

Thrown around? Where?

Public roads? Surely not since that will land you a hefty fine around these parts.

The track? This certainly isn't a track-day car.

In the snow? 99% of the people buying this car will land in the ditch in winter since they've never driven RWD. So good luck with that.

And saying the thinner tires are there to help is like Apple claiming their antenna problems were a "feature". :doh:

Personally, I'm all for "fun" cars but the marketing on this one just pisses me off.

There are plenty of events for tuners and drifters back home where they rent / get sponsored car-parks or small local track so that people can do the silly stuff they don't want on the roads (though there are obviously still idiots that do it)

What is a track day car.. a car you take to the track, I could have loads of fun with this on a track.
Granted most are for racer wannabe's with super levels of grip and power but they also tend to be super expensive
(for those that like cars but aren't into / don't have the time / knowledge to build / mod themselves)

Thinner tyres mean less traction means you don't need huge levels of power to have fun in it. Apple was a fault, this is designed so that there isn't too much grip that you can't get the tail out.

Agree on the marketing, that ad was terribad.

I personally think all sports type cars are stupid unless you are going to use them for something remotely useful and can afford it. No reason to buy an expensive car to drive around town.....

That is your choice.. I could say your choice of computer is stupid but it's what you like to spend your money on..

KaptCrunch

I'm really unsure about the significance of the naked dude....

lost his shirt kinda thing (divorce) or free sprit ? the ad is an attack on marriage values

for one thing of commercial is saying buy and break free of your poor judgement of wife

belgolas

That is your choice.. I could say your choice of computer is stupid but it's what you like to spend your money on..

I can understand people like to mod cars to make them fast etc and they probably get the same excitement I do for modding my pc or overclocking it. I just don't see a reason to buy a sports car to dive at speed limits. That is like buying a top of a line GPU to play games at low resolution and graphics. Sure if you take it to a drag strips fine but I think some people just buy them to show off how rich they are.

Just doing pointless ranting and besides I am not much of a car guy as you can probably tell.

Latest posts