What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

this is the unofficial odd or random question thread

sswilson

Staff member
Nope, just for a home keyboard so that I don't have to keep the manual handy. I doubt I'll need to look at it much, but I hate the idea of owning a piece of kit that doesn't have the functions clearly marked on it.

LaughingCrow

So I bit the bullet and just grabbed a package of these to try.

View attachment 38990

Laser doesn't seem to smudge although only time will tell if it lasts. Couldn't do the full width sticker on this model as I had to leave access to the control switches.
If you have smudging, then try artist's spray fixatives that are used for pencil, graphite, pastel, etc. Good stuff is expensive though.

MacTac is probably the cheapest/simplest solution if you have some handy.

Or those 8.5 x 11 page protectors taped on.

Another option is weatherproofing tape which is easy to remove.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I am looking for strong / non-corrosive hinge to build a cap that we can flip up where our dishwasher is. the cats walk on it and start it all the time.

here's what the spot looks like. if you have better ideas, feel free to share.

the install can't be redone to inset the machine properly (it's complicated, but cantankerous father in law) but even if we did, the buttons would still be pawed.

Attachments

• 20231226_143708_HDR.jpg
    20231226_143708_HDR.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 6

GeezerGamer

You could try the usual deterrent with a water spray bottle, that is to say when the fucker is up there you squirt it with the water!

I also found laying bits of orange peel around an area you want them to avoid or looped bits of sticky tape, sticky side out.

We've never allowed cats up on countertops and with the above methods it's only been a short term problem if and when!

Good luck

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
cats have always been allowed on the counter at my in-laws, so breaking that habit is a no-go.

because the dishwasher is right beside the sink, a metal hinge is sure to corrode quickly, even if it's 'supposed' to be stainless steel...unless some one points out one that is the real deal.

Latest posts