What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

THIS is what Intel Needed! Tiger Lake i7-1185G7 Benchmarks & Performance Preview

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Intel Tiger Lake processors are supposed to be their shining hope for competing with AMD Ryzen in the laptop market. But they also made a lot of pretty wild performance claims for the i7-1185G7 vs Ryzen 7 4800U and Ryzen 7 4700U during their launch. Now they've let us have an early hands on performance & benchmark preview with an upcoming Tiger Lake laptop before its availability later this year. The results are really, really impressive.

Timestamps:

0:00 - Intro
0:37 - Intel Tiger Lake Performance Claims
1:09 - The i7-1185G7 Laptop
3:00 - Tiger Lake Lineup & Specifications
4:06 - Intel Power / TDP Explained
4:52 - Performance Setup & Power Plans
6:03 - AMD Ryzen vs Intel Tiger Lake vs Ice Lake Systems
6:30 - i7-1185G7 Benchmarks & Performance
9:50 - Intel IRIS XE Gaming Performance
10:47 - Tiger Lake Gives Intel Hope...For Now

Written Review: https://hardwarecanucks.com/notebooks/tiger-lake-i7-1185g7-benchmarks/

Last edited:

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
competition is healthy, so it's nice to see Intel have some sunlight. things have been pretty dark for them lately, LoL.

and best thing, now that AMD has been beaten in the iGPU arena, let's hope they strike back with something awesome!

also, I'm really looking fwd to seeing Xe on the desktop range now, where there the power / thermal limits aren't as big a concern as they are in mobile!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I am so sick of these naming conventions. I literally check out when I read intel's naming.

Shadowmeph

this is an off topic question is your back ground purple or is it the lighting I ask because I think it looks cool
impressive notebook and of course Ican only imagine the price range lol

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Well it's at least not another 14nm refresh, I'm not particularly interested though. Also agree on intel's naming, it's gotten very difficult to keep track of what an intel chip actually is by name

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Well it's at least not another 14nm refresh, I'm not particularly interested though. Also agree on intel's naming, it's gotten very difficult to keep track of what an intel chip actually is by name
that probably will work in Intel's favor somewhate...so confusing people will buy what they think is the latest and greatest and then find out it's a couple gens old, LoL.