What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Throwing money at my build - AIO fan replacement

Dwayne

Do they sound better? I'm debating those from Dazmode.

Fan sound is so subjective, but I think they are quieter than the stock fans they replaced. I hear my video card cooling fan more than I hear any other fan when gaming. Without a way to turn fans off and on I can't say for sure though. I am tempted to pick up a Corsair Commander, but I am more a set and forget person and the Q Fan settings in BIOS generally are good enough for me.

Lysrin

Not helpful for the AIO fan issue, but when I switched to a custom loop that included my GPU, I found the greatest fan noise reduction in my system came from getting rid of the GPU fans. I was surprised at how little noise I was actually getting from the case and AIO fans in my previous set up.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Shade, remind me again what the static pressure is for? Something to do with having higher static pressure helps with moving air through the rads?

There is a certain level of resistance moving air through anything (Rad, Fan guard, Heatsink fins). Static pressure is the 'force' in air movement that helps overcome the resistance. Usually its most pronounced on Fans with Fewer, but larger 'sweeping' blades. Where as for CFM, more but smaller blades tend to win out.
Rule of thumb for me always was Higher CFM on the Intake and Exhaust Fans on the case (though always more Intake so I had positive pressure in the case) and Higher Static pressure fans on the Rads/Heatsinks.

-ST

lowfat

Staff member
Well the title did say 'throwing money..." ;)

The difference with fans is going to be minimal. But the Gentle Typhoon's will last damn near forever they are kept relatively clean.

rjbarker

Been using some Corsair SP's (I think) high static pressure (quiet and only up 1400 RPM) for my Quad Rad up top....and Noctua NF's in the 2 lower rads for the last 6 yrs....havent changed them out since.