What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Throwing money at my build - AIO fan replacement

Dwayne

So I have an NZXT Kraken X73 360 AIO and I have money to burn ( so to speak ). What would be the best replacement fans, in your opinion? I am leaning toward either EK Vardar or Noctua fans. No RGB necessary as I am happy with the rad and fans being stealthy up in the top of the case. I noticed that a lot of reviews replace the provided fans of AIOs and use Vardars to normalize radiator and pump testing, and quite often the results are better than the provided fans, and quieter in a lot of cases as well.

So, what is your go to watercooling radiator fan?

Thanks for the input.

lowfat

Staff member

JD

Staff member
+1 for Gentle Typhoon.

I hear the Arctic Cooling P12's are decent too if you want something more affordable, 5 pack goes for around $60 I believe.

Dwayne

I found a great comparison done by Optimum Tech. I also watched Daz's presentation on the sound but was a bit disappointed he didn't touch on thermal performance. It seems that the performance between the Noctua, Gentle Typhoons, and Arctic fans are really close. It comes down to personal preference and price. Thanks for the input guys. I will probably order the Gentle Typhoons from Daz since he seems to be a friend of the forum, and based in Canada too, and his price looks fair to me.

clshades

I found a great comparison done by Optimum Tech. I also watched Daz's presentation on the sound but was a bit disappointed he didn't touch on thermal performance. It seems that the performance between the Noctua, Gentle Typhoons, and Arctic fans are really close. It comes down to personal preference and price. Thanks for the input guys. I will probably order the Gentle Typhoons from Daz since he seems to be a friend of the forum, and based in Canada too, and his price looks fair to me.

Let me know how those typhoons work. I'd like to change out my AIO fans too. Current ones are way too loud.

draemn

I hear the Arctic Cooling P12's are decent too if you want something more affordable, 5 pack goes for around $60 I believe.
Those fans get a ton of positive feedback, mostly because the offer almost noctua performance at a much cheaper price.

Latest posts