What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Throwing RAM in the loop?

generallee989

Hey all,

Im new here and just completed my first watercooling setup. It was simple and easy with a solo CPU loop....

Well now I have a design and layout I drew up after researching a ton and picking items.

I have been told to stay away from Y splitters and I understand why but...

What I cannot find info on and know many people dont like to use them because they believe its pointless is, how do I put RAM in a loop?

With their high resistence of liquid bypass, wont it cause the CPU to heat up being there is not as much flow to them?

Can you place a splitter/Y before RAM/CPU then reconnect it after without issues?

Many people ask why do I want to do this. My answer to them is I have them money, want the look, and dont care about overclocking(Was a past hobby and came to realize that 1 to 2 fps isnt worth the short lifespan hassle).

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

AmuseMe

Many people ask why do I want to do this. My answer to them is I have them money, want the look, and dont care about overclocking

Then don't use a Y-Splitter, it will, in my opinion, look stupid. If you have the money, just put on a normal RAM block, and run two pumps if you are worried about flow/ pressure. Two MCP-350/ 355 will be more than enough to push through a CPU, RAM, GPU, motherboard whatever.

I have twelve 90-degree fittings, a full board block, and a RAM block. :thumb:

KaptCrunch

generallee989 said:
Hey all,

Im new here and just completed my first watercooling setup. It was simple and easy with a solo CPU loop....

Well now I have a design and layout I drew up after researching a ton and picking items.

I have been told to stay away from Y splitters and I understand why but...

What I cannot find info on and know many people dont like to use them because they believe its pointless is, how do I put RAM in a loop?

With their high resistence of liquid bypass, wont it cause the CPU to heat up being there is not as much flow to them?

Can you place a splitter/Y before RAM/CPU then reconnect it after without issues?

Many people ask why do I want to do this. My answer to them is I have them money, want the look, and dont care about overclocking(Was a past hobby and came to realize that 1 to 2 fps isnt worth the short lifespan hassle).

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cos series is a no brainer/mess for flow will be same on all blocks with weakest block of loop set the flow

with using a Y combined with ram cpu

cpu more restrictive then ram for flow will take the leasest route (ram)

mock up (outside of case) the loop and calibrate after the Y and match flow by restricting the ram flow
thats how to set up a parelle

Y useage best used on dual GPU WB's in series loop
(note after -< branch keep tube lenght same >-)

generallee989

Can anyone show a diagram or write how they would put RAM in a loop? I know RAM blocks are pretty restrictive. Also, RAM-33 , RAM-33 seems like the best chouce out there right now. If you run the parallel splitting each one, say 1 - 1/2" tube split into 4 - 1/4 inch tubes going in, reduce the amount of restriction vs running 1/2" in and linking them?

Restriction.png

clshades

basically what you need for that setup is 2x manifolds like this one and I would try to run the ram parallel on a seperate pump. I tried the manifold thing sharing with the cpu and it doesnt work very well. You'll definately be happier with a dual loop. Single 120mm rad should handle ram no problem.

You'll need 3x 1/4 barbs and a 90* barb if you use those specific ones Levesque had someone interesting quad manifolds on his video cards. Because the barbs I linked are adjustable it makes much easier to fiddle with and setup.

I happen to own them and they are very high quality manifolds.

Last edited:

KaptCrunch

Two G 1/4 BSP socket plugs and two base mounting screws are included. G 1/4 BSP nozzle sockets, nickel-plated brass, anodized aluminum base (not in contact with coolant). what is? material

clshades

You could always use an f splitters and feed 2 moduals at a time. Thus maintaining a better flow value too. Let me copy your picture and re draw.

Restriction.png

Last edited:

clshades

Two G 1/4 BSP socket plugs and two base mounting screws are included. G 1/4 BSP nozzle sockets, nickel-plated brass, anodized aluminum base (not in contact with coolant). what is? material

the aluminium base isn't in contact with the coolant. The screws that come with those things suck too.. you'll want to use something different... the heads are soft.

You could make f splitters from these too.. some more options.
Nozzle Body, 5-Way Brass [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

KaptCrunch

beware koolance like to use poorly plated steel in the past

take a magnet to it

Last edited:

Latest posts