What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Time to switch to Win 10?

ipaine

Resurrecting a thread here, but I'm wondering the same thing.

Basically I have a new 1TB ssd and I am going to use it for my OS drive. I have a couple of choices;

1. Clone old ssd to new one and continue using Win 7 and everything else (by far easiest option)
2. Clone to new drive then upgrade to Win 10 Ent (still not 100% sure if I can do it to enterprise)
3. Start fresh install of win 10 ent. on new ssd. ((best option for nice clean os but significant work, though leaves open dual boot options)

Frankly I have the time now to do the clean install, but I do just want to relax and play some games over my break. So should I jump into the windows 10 fun or stay with the win 7 crowd for now? Thoughts?

MARSTG

Actually I have it in dual boot right now on my raid 0 drive, but a raid0 of 2 slow drives is kinda slow so I plan on upgrading to SSDs soon and have Windows 7 on one SSD and Win10 on the other.