What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tips for Saving Money on Shipping Costs

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
So what do you put as your business if you're signing up for venture?

You chould put your name + ventures. In my case that would be Michael's Ventures or something along those lines.

They won't ask you for an official registered business number.

Mike_E

Where is it written that you get a free upgrade to Expedited? Can't find it anywhere..BTW got my card today :)

SKYMTL

Staff member
It isn`t written. Get a price quote online and you wil lsee Expidited is the same price as Regular Parcel.

PanzerIV

Banned
Hmm, that is VERY interesting mostly since there's a CP office at only 5min of walk from home. However I have a few questions about Venture One:

1- Is it free to register or there's a fee? If there's a fee, is it anually and of how much.

2- Once registered, do I need to renew my membership/company every once and then or I'm good for many years?

3- Once registered, is there anything special I need to do in order to tell them I have the Venture thing if I decide to wait in queue in a local CP office instead of going online?

Thanks in advance! :help:

SKYMTL

Staff member
1- Is it free to register or there's a fee? If there's a fee, is it anually and of how much.
I never paid anything when I signed up two years ago.

2- Once registered, do I need to renew my membership/company every once and then or I'm good for many years?
So far I haven't needed to update anything other than my home address when I moved.

3- Once registered, is there anything special I need to do in order to tell them I have the Venture thing if I decide to wait in queue in a local CP office instead of going online?
You will get a Venture One card. The Post Office employee will scan it and you are good to go. However, you have to remember that you will save more if you use the online tool to print your waybill.

werth

i've been using this for a couple months now i must say its very good. they few % discount isnt huge, its the online shipping tools thats awesome. i can draw up all the info online, the approximate weight/height etc.... and have a tracking number and printout printed in minutes. simply tape on the portion to the box, drop off at CP, no waiting or anything.

highly recommend signing up, its free!

ahsalloum

I wish I knew about this! It would've saved me at least a couple hundred over the years! :doh:

morphine

Venture One is great. I've used it for years now to ship things via Expedited Parcel - similar service to Xpresspost but significantly cheaper.

Latest posts