What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

toilet tech! make you shi...err, poop slide while saving water.

Izerous

Interesting concept I have gone as far as waxing showers (automotive power polisher) in the past or coating glass doors (windshield stuff) to help keep them clean. Even used a spray wax on a sink a couple times as an experiment, never even considered the toilet.

Mr. Friendly

Interesting concept I have gone as far as waxing showers (automotive power polisher) in the past or coating glass doors (windshield stuff) to help keep them clean. Even used a spray wax on a sink a couple times as an experiment, never even considered the toilet.
yeah, my grandparents did that with their trailer in Alberta. waxed the entire outside so it was easy to wash down and get all the dust off, rather than have it settle in all the nooks n crannies.

these guys even have a sink / tub spray and another for glass.

while this stuff likely does work to some extent, their comments about saving water are mostly bunk. a toilet flushes a preset amount, you can't change that so no water saved. I'd also be a bit worried that this stuff gets removed when you do your cleaning making for a rinse / repeat expense that actually only adds to your monthly expenses. :p

JD

Staff member
a toilet flushes a preset amount, you can't change that so no water saved.
Sometimes you might need extra flushes to make everything disappear. That's where a coating like this could possibly help. Might also mean you can use a lower capacity flush too, like dual-flush toilets offer today.

I believe there's been some posts too about how North American toilets have a much higher water level and flush than anywhere else in the world.

Mr. Friendly

Sometimes you might need extra flushes to make everything disappear. That's where a coating like this could possibly help. Might also mean you can use a lower capacity flush too, like dual-flush toilets offer today.

I believe there's been some posts too about how North American toilets have a much higher water level and flush than anywhere else in the world.
well...in the US, bigger is better, right? guess that goes for their daily deposits too, LoL!

Latest posts

Twitter