What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Top or bottom?

magictorch

I'm planning out a new loop to include two GPU cards.

The problem is I only have enough tubing for option "a" (top exit to reservoir from bottom card) and not the usual "b" (bottom exit to reservoir from bottom card), see below jpeg.

Is option "a" ok? The pressure from the loop should push it through the top fine I think?

Loop.jpg

enaberif

thats uh one crazy setup.

Your pump doesn't need to be fed by your res. As long as their is fluid going to your pump thats all that matters.

Attachments

• aLoop.jpg
    aLoop.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 127

magictorch

Kind of impatient to build this WE:doh:, plus it would cost more to ship it than its worth on its own. I should have planned ahead. enaberifs loop look's good though:bananafunky:.

Eldonko

Yea I would do the loop in post 3.

Yes 2x GPU will affect CPU temp, but there is no way around that with it all in the loop.

enaberif

just curious... 2x gpu temperature is so high so it will affect cpu temperature...?

Without running a 2nd loop or a dedicated rad for his gpus he doesn't have much choice as its either warm water from the cpu block first or gpu block first.. take your pic.

magictorch

Yes I was wondering how well a triple rad would hold up with 2 4870's and an E6750. Im only running a dual core E6750 and its not a hot chip by any means so even another 10oc from the GPU isn't going to alter its stability at 3.8-currently loads at 44oc with the double res at 3.8.

MpG

just curious... 2x gpu temperature is so high so it will affect cpu temperature...?
A degree or two hotter, that's it. The coolant really doesn't get much hotter as it goes through the block, owing to water's high specific heat capacity. Of course two GPU's will raise the temperate at which the system reaches equilibrium, but that's not dependent on the order of components.

Latest posts