What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Toronto Maple Leafs...

Dwayne

The Leafs are a joke so the fisticuffs (Sabres reacting) are no surprise. They got demolished by the Wings and now with them in the same conference of the Leafs, it should be a common occurrence.

They made a few changes but they'll be the same ol' Leafs. I wonder what kind of disaster will end their season this year. :)

Ah, probably another Habs fan trolling the Leafs forum looking for a reaction, since he is lonely and no one will talk to him in his own forum.

It is a long season, and the preseason is a place for experimentation with lines and firming up systems. The results are immaterial.

Leafs win tonight, with a lineup of mainly Marlies vs a Detroit team with many AHL starters too. Still means nothing.

biff

Colborne for a fourth round pick? WTF! There must be something else to this behind the scenes because this makes no sense at all.

ilya

Colborne for a fourth round pick? WTF! There must be something else to this behind the scenes because this makes no sense at all.

It's because the Leafs won't have the cap space to keep him when he goes UFA at the end of the season. (with the new rules in place you can't just hide salary in the Marlies anymore) He's only getting paid $600K this year, he could be worth almost 5 times that by the end of his contract - which leaves no space to re-sign Kessel/Phaneuf.

crazyhorsejohnny

Watch Colbourne score 20 goals for the Flames. Leafs never really gave him a chance. I wondered if they had and he got Bozak's icetime how he would have been ???

Last edited:

trayton

I'm happy October 1st was my birthday and opening of NHL Season and Leafs beat the Habs (great bday gift).
They also won vs Philly (even though they were pretty sloppy at times and the ref was horrendous! 8 to 1 I believe for PP opportunities yet Philly was hooking, holding, etc..

Happy we won that won too! Tomorrow vs the Sens can't wait and its at home :)

Sad we had to give up on big Joe but he would have had to clear waivers and would have been claimed for sure.

crazyhorsejohnny

I'm happy October 1st was my birthday and opening of NHL Season and Leafs beat the Habs (great bday gift).
They also won vs Philly (even though they were pretty sloppy at times and the ref was horrendous! 8 to 1 I believe for PP opportunities yet Philly was hooking, holding, etc..

Happy we won that won too! Tomorrow vs the Sens can't wait and its at home :)

Sad we had to give up on big Joe but he would have had to clear waivers and would have been claimed for sure.

Yep so at least they got a draft pick for him.

ultraman7k

hopefully Raymond does well for you, I was always a fan of his when he played here in Van.

Good skillset, great hands, great skating has a a pretty accurate shot though it's not the hardeset. Does tend to fall down a lot but is a solid Pk'er. When he's on his game he'll drive the middle, and it's a sight to behold, but we didn't see too much of it out here. Seems to be doing well for you guys though!

trayton

So, just a quick check in. Leafs looking not to bad and still haven't had one game with full roster.

Clarkson - Suspended 10 games (comes back and Kuli, Fraser, out of lineup)

Currently have Kuli, Fraser, Bozak, Lupal all out.

Both goalies looking good (took a bit of a scare with Levio hit Reimer in the head with knee).

Leafs lose to lowly Columbus come back next night and have a great game against Pitts and win 4-1!

Close to #1 in the league too :)

GO LEAFS GO! :)

Can't wait to see the full lineup but very happy we have as many wins as we do early (will be even more important later in the season). Also the kids that have been called up have done well.

Not sure how I feel about MR being left up (hes only 19) I do believe and see that hes doing well and I think he will get better but what if he gets injured playing vs these bigger men, also would have loved to have seen him at the World Jr's

Dwayne

So, just a quick check in. Leafs looking not to bad and still haven't had one game with full roster.

Clarkson - Suspended 10 games (comes back and Kuli, Fraser, out of lineup)

Currently have Kuli, Fraser, Bozak, Lupal all out.

Both goalies looking good (took a bit of a scare with Levio hit Reimer in the head with knee).

Leafs lose to lowly Columbus come back next night and have a great game against Pitts and win 4-1!

Close to #1 in the league too :)

GO LEAFS GO! :)

Can't wait to see the full lineup but very happy we have as many wins as we do early (will be even more important later in the season). Also the kids that have been called up have done well.

Not sure how I feel about MR being left up (hes only 19) I do believe and see that hes doing well and I think he will get better but what if he gets injured playing vs these bigger men, also would have loved to have seen him at the World Jr's

Very good goaltending and timely goals have helped the Leafs out a ton. I will be happy when all the pieces are in place and they get to play a few games together. Having 2 viable scoring lines and a 3rd line that can put in the puck as well as play well defensivly will be great. The 4th line can be very responsible as well, Orr and McLaren have shown they are not useless, and that's a good thing too.

I think Carlyle should start Reims for the Edmonton game and then Bernier for the Flames. Flip a coin for the Canuck game Saturday!

trayton

Hope the leafs pick it up in their home and home with buffalo, Should have got 2 points last night Kessel with a very very bad giveaway cost us the game really :(

Was going to get a Kessel Jersey for Xmas but now perhaps McLement as he seems to be the most productive and the guy that always gives %110

Latest posts

Twitter