What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Toronto Maple Leafs...

Eldonko

To the NHL in general, most likely back to the leafs. Why wouldnt he, it's not like he is going to win a cup in vancouver lol. He doesnt need the money, my bet is he comes back to the leafs for the rest of the season and then retires.

biff

Sundin held the NHL captive. :blarg:
Not sure I can agree with that. Now I'm as much a Sundin basher as much as the next guy, but he is a free agent and free to do what ever he wants so he didn't hold anybody 'captive'. The various GM's can only blame themselves if they sat on the fence too long while other opportunities passed by.

I dearly hope he doesn't come back to Toronto.

Last edited:

Eldonko

Why would you hope that? I think it would only make the team better and help to develop the young guys.

biff

He's a talented hockey player, that you can't teach. I find his gameplay is lazy and he floats a lot, that you can teach. I think his style of play flies in the face of what they're trying to accomplish.

chrisk

Folding Captain
He's a talented hockey player, that you can't teach. I find his gameplay is lazy and he floats a lot, that you can teach. I think his style of play flies in the face of what they're trying to accomplish.

By putting a cold Joseph in the shootout...you mean last place right? ;)

I feel guilty picking on the Leafs sometimes...sort of like picking on a 5 year old....

biff

By putting a cold Joseph in the shootout...you mean last place right? ;)
I can't defend that.... that was dumb!

I feel guilty picking on the Leafs sometimes...sort of like picking on a 5 year old....
Hey nobody's more critical of the Leafs than a Leafs fan... we're not arrogant and think think our team can walk on water like Sens fans. BUT,they are just starting to rebuild and they are still playing .500 hockey and look who they've played so far, pretty much all top tier teams. I'm pretty happy with the way the season is going so far!

1Tanker

I can't defend that.... that was dumb!
It was dumb, but you have to admit... Toskola's a great goalie... except in S/O's.

Hey nobody's more critical of the Leafs than a Leafs fan... we're not arrogant and think think our team can walk on water like Sens fans.
Don't i know it. I'm married to a Sens fan... and her 2 brothers and parents are too.

BUT,they are just starting to rebuild and they are still playing .500 hockey and look who they've played so far, pretty much all top tier teams. I'm pretty happy with the way the season is going so far!
Me too...i was skeptical at first, but...when Toronto is pretty-good defensively... somethings gotta be up.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I think Wilson is the type of coach they need for sure. Not afraid to stir things up and does not seem to care what the media thinks.

The best thing I think that can happen for the Leafs would be to have the really young guys (Grabovski, Tlusty, or however you spell his name...) do really well, but still qualify for a lottery pick to have a shot at 1st pick. Toronto is not known as a team like Detroit, or even Montreal for finding good players lower in the draft (think Detroit is king here). Sundin should not go back to the Leafs if they want to get a pick or develop a real leader.

The Leafs also have to get Fletcher out of there and get someone in with a good drafting record, who will build a good scouting system.