What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Toronto Maple Leafs...

biff

They did a pretty big shake up already. I think they did well enough the last time around, enough to not mind them having another go at it next draft.

I agree they need to develop a leader in-house, and my money is still on Steen. I do still like Frogren too... call me crazy if you like.

biff

Another great game! I love watching them now! I actually have something to cheer for instead of yelling and cursing for them to get their ass in gear and get moving.

1Tanker

Another great game! I love watching them now! I actually have something to cheer for instead of yelling and cursing for them to get their ass in gear and get moving.
That was great. My wife's chin is down to the ground. Nice to see their defense shutting down a good offensive team like Ottawa. :clap:It's also awesome that they aren't taking 1/2-dozen retarded penalties/game.

cdn_Madrach

That was great. My wife's chin is down to the ground. Nice to see their defense shutting down a good offensive team like Ottawa. :clap:It's also awesome that they aren't taking 1/2-dozen retarded penalties/game.

Also nice to see MCabe not take a stupid penalty in the last 2 mins or clear the puck up the middle of the ice to oppnent standing in slot for goal....oh wait...he's gone now....damn flashbacks lol. Was nice to see them show they have defensive capabilities now:thumb:

Eldonko

Man that was awesome. Kicked the sens asses and the habs lost as well. Perfect night for a Leafs fan.

Eldonko

Schenn

From TSN:

Luke Schenn will be staying with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The 18-year-old defenceman was told by Leafs' head coach Ron Wilson before practice on Monday that he will be staying in Toronto for the foreseeable future.

Once he appears in his 10th NHL game this season, Schenn will use up the first year of his entry-level contract. If he hits the 40 game mark with the Leafs, it will count toward a year of service when it comes to filing for free agency in the future.

Should he be sent back to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League later this season, he would not be eligible to return to the NHL unless an emergency injury situation in Toronto arose.

When asked if Schenn would be released to play for Team Canada at the World Hockey Championship in Ottawa, Leafs head coach Ron Wilson gave a quick and concise answser.

"If he's playing in the best league in the world, why would we have him go play in a teenage tournament?" Wilson said after practice on Monday.

The Maple Leafs host the Tampa Bay Lightning at the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday. Schenn's 10th game would take place the following night when the Leafs visit the New Jersey Devils.

So far this season, Schenn is averaging over 21 minutes per game through eight contests.

Eldonko

Yeah, like Wilson says, what better way is there to gain experience than by playing 20+ minutes a game in the best league in the world.

chrisk

Folding Captain
As long as you don't kill his confidence. Goalies and defencemen need to be brought along more slowly. As a Habs fan I never agreed that price should have been pushed this fast, but time will tell I guess. Schenn is a good player...you have to hope the media plays nice with him when he goofs, or if he gets sent down to the Marlies

1Tanker

WooHoooo... what a game! :clap: Nice to see the Buds' win a shootout for a change. That was like "playoff hockey".
clapping.gif
Hugely entertaining... and one less chance for the 8 shutouts Brodeur wants/needs.
tongue2.gif

Latest posts