What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Totally Screwed Up !! Help no display

sswilson

Staff member
I did not pull the cpu - I just removed the stock cpu cooler and replaced it with the Vendetta. I had to remove the video card and one memory card to get some needed room, but replaced the video card and the memory card. I've even tried a space memory card but no luck. My video card has two DVI connections at the back and have tried both - no dice either. The fact the the disk access light is on steady does that mean something ?
The new cpu cooler has its own cpu fan plug. The cpu cooler fan works .

Some motherboard bios' get uppity if they don't detect a fan on the cpu fan header after they've been used to seeing one. If you haven't already found the problem, try plugging a different fan into that header (obviously, leave the real cpu fan connected).

LCB001

I just finished installing a new cpu cooler - OCZ Vendetta 2. After a couple of bruised fingers, I got it firmly inplace. I turned the computer on - the cpu fan came on, the case fans are running, I could hear the clicking of drives, but not display. Nothing ! I have pulled the memory boards out and back, the video card out and back and a few minutes ago reset the cmos..no luck. I noticed that the blue light that shows harddrive access is on steady instead of blinking to show access. Is this a clue ? I am at a loss what else to check. Please help.

Is sounds like its getting hung up trying to access the harddrive, I presume you double checked all the power connecters at both ends? Just a wild guess...

Malam

Problem solved !

It was a fried motherboard. I replaced the motherboard this evening - CPU OK, PSU OK,Memory Modules OK, Video Card is OK. I am just getting all the latest drivers for the mboard loaded. Thanks guys for your suggestions.:clap:

reaverclan

It was a fried motherboard. I replaced the motherboard this evening - CPU OK, PSU OK,Memory Modules OK, Video Card is OK. I am just getting all the latest drivers for the mboard loaded. Thanks guys for your suggestions.:clap:
whew that's a relief at least i didn't take your stuff with it u have to watch that ESD.

Exmortis

If you have a VGA capable monitor and the DVI to VGA dongle try that. when all else fails vid cards can revert to VGA. I would laso pull the CPU make sure some errant thermal goop didnt sneak out of your sight and cause a short between CPU pins. Also pull and reseat the memory, also look to make sure some thermal goop didnt get caught in memory socket.

Latest posts