What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy Touchscreen + lightweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
So after a lot of research, I've decided to just post a WTB thread and see what's out there.

Minimum/must-have:
- Dell = automatic no. Never again..
- Touchscreen device (tablet or 2-in-1 or convertible or small laptop)
- lightweight (under 4 lbs)
- 4 threads (let's face it, duals are dead. If you want any multitasking at all, you need 4T at least).
- Windows-based
- 64gb (although that's really the barest minimum, would prefer larger)

Like to have:
- 12-13" *or smaller*
- AMD APU
- 4 cores (because cores > threads)
- 8gb ram
- 120gb+ SSD or m.2/nvme (upgradeable would be nice)
- at least 1x full size (A) usb/usb 3 port

Dreams:
- docking station if tablet, and) or keyboard case
- stylus
- ryzen
- 8+ GB RAM
- micro sdxc slot
- strong wireless (dual freq N or AC)

Looking at the $300 or so price range, willing to stretch a bit if the right device comes along. *Edit: willing to stretch a lot more for a very nice option, to the 450-500$ range even, if it's got several Likes and Dreams from the above lists.*

Please PM or reply here, thanks.

Last edited:

supaflyx3

If you're fine with small laptop look at dell latitude e72*0s. 12.1" 1080p with touch screen, love my e7240. Should be able to find one in your price range

CMetaphor

Quadfather
If you're fine with small laptop look at dell latitude e72*0s. 12.1" 1080p with touch screen, love my e7240. Should be able to find one in your price range

Ah yes. Forgot to mention: Dell will never get my business ever again. They put me through a farce and hell with their disgusting levels of "support". I encourage you to throw away that laptop, because if it ever has an issue, you'll be less frustrated with it as a paperweight than a laptop. Except it'll be an expensive laptop made by people that don't give a crap.

OP updated.

sswilson

Staff member

Ah yes. Forgot to mention: Dell will never get my business ever again. They put me through a farce and hell with their disgusting levels of "support". I encourage you to throw away that laptop, because if it ever has an issue, you'll be less frustrated with it as a paperweight than a laptop. Except it'll be an expensive laptop made by people that don't give a crap.

OP updated.

Heh... knowing the back story to how we got to this WTB, that's almost trolling (I know it wasn't intentional). :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the right piece of kit comes your way.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Heh... knowing the back story to how we got to this WTB, that's almost trolling (I know it wasn't intentional). :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the right piece of kit comes your way.

Ya. Gotta love extremely expensive paperweights. Thx for the finger crossing.

sswilson

Staff member

That's the closest I could come up with that checks off most of your boxes. It's only two cores, but it's 4 threads.

Something along the lines of a t430s would probably do the trick as well if you could find one with a touchscreen.

CMetaphor

Quadfather

That's the closest I could come up with that checks off most of your boxes. It's only two cores, but it's 4 threads.

Thanks, but the idea here is hopefully to find something used that's a bit less laptop-like in terms of weight and size. My budget is half of what I'd need for a brand-new, current-gen device, and I know it. So ya.. used and fingers remaining crossed.

Cptn Vortex

Ya going to be tough. For a while we had some refurb Yoga 12's but they seem to not be available anymore. I'll keep an eye out for you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts