What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tri Sli 280's / OC'd I7 n Corsair HX 1kW

chrisk

Folding Captain
Not too similar to your setup, but the main desktop rig in my sig, folding its little heart out, draws ~570w from the wall according to my APC UPS software, and that includes my LCD monitor.

kruzn4evr

You should be more than fine rj, Freedom55 is running a i7 920 @4.0GHz with 2x 1TB HDD and 2x 295's and a 9800gt using the Corsair 1k with no issues so you shouldn't have any problems running 3x 280's :thumb:

rjbarker

Thnaks for all the input guys......just hate to "push" PSU to thier limits....would be more comfortable with a 1.2kW Silverstone Zeus or PC P&C.....but at this point, considering how cheap that Card is I think I'll give it a go....

go flames go

yup the hx1000w is more like a 1200w and has every connector in the book for any setup you can dream up. good psu is good! ;)

other good well priced psus for your application include:

coolermaster ultimate 1100w
enermax revolutions 1050w

rjbarker

enermax revolutions 1050w
Issues with this PSU being compatible with the Classified Board....thiers no way in hells half acres if I were to purchase a replacement PSU for my Corsair 1 kW I would even consider either of those....sorry. Why go 1kW to 1.1....may as well go to at least 1.2kW.

Anyhow, thanks for all the input.

go flames go

I did not say get a replacement. I was just saying other good psus for your application both of those are very good psus the corsair is also a very good one.

rjbarker

Yeah went ahead and cancelled the order...Tri Sli will have to wait.....will stick to my original plan of eventual upgrade of the 280's to 3xx Series when they are available.
Sorry for all the cafuffle.....

go flames go

Yeah went ahead and cancelled the order...Tri Sli will have to wait.....will stick to my original plan of eventual upgrade of the 280's to 3xx Series when they are available.
Sorry for all the cafuffle.....

:doh:

Latest posts

Twitter