What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tri Sli 280's / OC'd I7 n Corsair HX 1kW

JMCD

I was gonna say you could always add a second PSU (depends on your case). Anyways in the long run you'll probably be better off.

rjbarker

Jake
That 1200w PC P&C will likely be my next choice in the future. That is one awesome looking PSU....only wish it was modular.

MpG

The test results on those PCP&C 1200's speak for themselves, especially where voltage ripple is concerned, but it's amazing how many reviews manage to incorporate the term "Leaf Blower" into them. They really need to update their platforms and PSU myths page.

geokilla

Yeah went ahead and cancelled the order...Tri Sli will have to wait.....will stick to my original plan of eventual upgrade of the 280's to 3xx Series when they are available.
Sorry for all the cafuffle.....
In my opinion, you made the right decision. But that's cus I'm cheap and as I said before, can't justify spending $350 on a GTX280.

H

HaDeS

The hx1000 is a great PSU my friend... i have one. Comes with a massive bag of wiring which you'll never use all of. Nice having the options however and yes Modular comes with a premium but a worth while one imo.

rjbarker

if u like the sound of a small tornado coming out of psu.... have fun...:shok:
Don't fret thier Flames Fan.....I ALWAYS have a blast when experimenting with Hardware and upgrading...I absolutley love it...hell its my passion...feel free to share your "experience" with the PC P&C 1.2 kW..I'm all ears! If its anything like the 750W in my 2nd rig...that thing is "dead" silent!
But that's cus I'm cheap and as I said before, can't justify spending $350 on a GTX280.
Don't get me wrong Geo...as far as I'm concerned $359 is cheap for an OCX GTX 280.....especially considering that I did spend about $450 on each of my Evga SSC Editions about 7 months ago, its not so much the cost that is the reason..its more because I know in about 6 months time when the latest n greates come out I'll be looking to ditch the 280's altogether, it will be easier to get rid of 2 then 3...
The hx1000 is a great PSU my friend... i have one.
Yep seems to be pretty good, BUT I did have to RMA my first one after only a few months....great RMA experience with Corsair mind you.

Yoda8232

I'd go with a 1200W just to be safe, the P&C Cooling model would be perfect.
It would probably run with the HX 1000 and stay their for a while but I'm not sure what would happen under load.