What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Trouble cloning display

Maplicito

I'm here to abuse the board's knowledge base again. This time, I'm having trouble getting my Catalyst Control Center to allow me to set up a second display (tv) and clone the first display to it.

I had this working previously - I've installed a couple of games since then, and I've upgraded from a Q8200 to a Q9550. I COULD uninstall the games if need be, but my preference would be to not if it's not necessary.

ATI CCC will detect the TV, or I can force detection - either method shows the display as being available - but I can not drag it to "Display 2." If I right click on "Display 2" instead of on the tv in the disabled displays list, it has the option "Enable Display" but when I choose this - it appears enabled (according to my computer monitor, not the tv - the tv is in an entirely different room, so I can't see it to verity) for a brief second, then goes back to disabled.

I uninstalled CCC and my driver, and reinstalled them. No luck. I suspect I'm missing something simple - any ideas? Oh, it's an HD 4670 1GB, and I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate. Thanks in advance as always.

Maplicito

I cleared this one up on my own. My PC has an S-video out and two HDMI connectors (hooked up to my old monitor via a VGA adaptor). After upgrading to my Q9550, I must have inadvertantly hooked my monitor up to the secondary HDMI instead of the prmary - switching HDMI ports has brought back my ability to clone onto the TV.

Latest posts

Twitter