What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Trouble installing Windows 7 with New Raid 0 Array

shayan288

Hi folks,
I seriously feel liek ripping out my hair right now.
For the past 4 hours (litterally 4 hours) I have been trying to get my Raid 0 array to work and my windows 7 (technet one) to get installed on it. I have had soooo many problems that when are solved, another problem pops up.

First problem,
RAID BIOS wouldnt load, I fixed that by enabling something otehr than jsut RAID in BIOS.

After that I couldnt get my array to appear on the windows 7 install partition list. I fixed by installing ADDITIONAL drivers.

After that, WIndows 7 jsut simply wouldnt let me install onto the array, it would show me this error: setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. I fixed it by making my array the first priority hard disk.

Current problem thats reeeally killing me. After all those previous problems it would start to laod as if I was finally done and that it was installing windows 7 onto my array and after an error would pop up saying: windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine. To install windwos, restart the installation. So I re started the installation... 3 TIMES!!! It brings up the same bloody error EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Its 12 in the morning and I can feel im so close to finishing this freak of a mess and I get yet another error.

Could somebody pleeease help me!!! PLEEEASE!!:sad:

-s288

ToXic

this happened to me installing Vista on a raid 0 array... i had to renable legacy format.

miggs78

Some here probably would know your problem exactly. Shayan could you try install Windows 7 on a single drive and see if it works. I also have a P45 chipset, and RAID drivers for the ICHR10 I believe are the same ones that all P45 boards use, though I installed the RC version of Windows 7 on my RAID, I couldn't find any trouble neither did I have to load any drivers.

If nothing helps, you know it's a longer process, and if you have a floppy drive available, you could try install XP on that RAID array just to make sure it's not your hdds acting up..

Sorry I wish I could help, I tried searching on google but encountered very old posts from like 2006, mostly with Win 2000 and Vista, though it's 2:40a.m. (yawn :p)..

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Hi folks,
First problem,
RAID BIOS wouldnt load, I fixed that by enabling something otehr than jsut RAID in BIOS.

That's your problem. Set your bios to raid mode on the sata ports. If the config utility does not pop up then don't fix it by using some workaround, solve that issue. Make sure your disks are plugged into the intel sata ports and not the jmicron controlled ones.

shayan288

That's your problem. Set your bios to raid mode on the sata ports. If the config utility does not pop up then don't fix it by using some workaround, solve that issue. Make sure your disks are plugged into the intel sata ports and not the jmicron controlled ones.

Yeah thats how I fixed it. I set my sata ports to raid and apparently it was on IDE.

@ Toxic, I will try that =, thankyouvery much,

@ everybody else, thankyou very much, I will try everything you have said.

shayan288

Wait waht? You mean my hard drives should be plugged into one of the 6 orange ones and not one pof the two purple ones that are labbelled as raid slots?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
And there's your mistake. The 6 orange ports are the intel ich10r ports. That is what you want to use. Disable the gigaraid ports, they are probably some cheapo jmicron controller.
Use the orange ports, the 2 closest to the front edge are ports 0 and 1. Set the intel controller to raid mode. On bootup you'll see the 'Hit [ctrl]+i to enter raid config' Go in and make your raid0 array, 128kb stripe size.
Install win7, no additional drivers needed, it will detect and use the right drivers.
Then download and install the 'intel matrix storage manager' software.
Enjoy.

shayan288

hey sqeetard, its alright you can stop looking if you still are. I seem to have fixed the problem. All it needed is that after I load the drivers a=it shows me a partition, I had to delete that and create a new one. It seems to be working correctly, thankyou to all your guys' help!

Latest posts