What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Troubleshoothing my BSOD

Bomberman07

Hi all,

on a HP pavillon m7570n wich came with windows xp media center edition, i installed a HD 4850 and a corsair HX520 watt. Now it does BSOD all the time. No idea why. The message doesn't say much exept that the computer crashed.

I've tryed scan the memory with memtest 86+ v2.01, found no errors. I've tried booting in safe mode and uninstalling the gpu drivers, and it still BSOD. So, what's the next step? What should i check next?

thnaks for you inputs.

martin_metal_88

Windows XP really don't like component change. My experience with changing computer hardware in this kind of machine ( 6 months tecky at Futureshop )tell's me that you have not remove the integrated graphic driver before to put the 4850 and he really...really don't like it. If you can get into windows remove every single display driver you can find then run a Ccleaner to be sure everything is out, reboot the computer and install a creal new Catalyst 9.8 on the computer. Normally this is the way we fix it. If you can't get into windows remove the 4850, then windows should work, go in remove every driver and run a Ccleaner, reboot be sure everything work greats shut down the computer put the 4850 back in and install clean driver catalyst 9.8. I think this should fix the thing.

Ask for more.

Bomberman07

i did a system restore (you know that HP thingy) on the system and the problems still here, I've tried uninstalling the drivers, ill try cleaning it with driver sweeper and ccleaner tommorow.

KaptCrunch

also update firmware for the optical drives HP drivers

in the past seen they will bsod when not configured right or chipset drivers update fixes

Nademon

how much ram and how many sticks? Try booting with only 1 stick at a time and see if it still BSOD's. Also, have you tried removing the graphics card or using another one? The 3 culprits I see are either the graphics card itself, the PSU, or possibly the RAM, if it's not a configuration problem. I don't see why XP wouldn't want to work with that GPU since lots of people use it with XP. I would try the RAM first, booting with just one stick and then trying just the other one. Then, I'd try to remove the GPU or try a differnt GPU, then I'd try another PSU. If you've done a system restore and installed all current drivers/ updates, then it should be working.

Shadowmeph

also update firmware for the optical drives HP drivers

in the past seen they will bsod when not configured right or chipset drivers update fixes
I totally agree with this also make sure that you have completely uninstalled and removed all the folders of your previous video card drivers reboot then install the new drivers from the ATI site if I remember right media center and xp have different ati drivers make sure you get the correct ones also I would pull the card and reinstall it.

Bomberman07

can't even boot now. Seems like a heating issue. I should try removing the gpu but can't access that little plastic clip.

Brands computers sucks, you have no room to work.

Bomberman07

I totally agree with this also make sure that you have completely uninstalled and removed all the folders of your previous video card drivers reboot then install the new drivers from the ATI site if I remember right media center and xp have different ati drivers make sure you get the correct ones also I would pull the card and reinstall it.

there was no "previous" video card, it was a chipset on the mb

Latest posts