What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Trying to Decide Between MBA vs rMBP

cderrick14

I think both are really interesting options, my biggest question is the difference in the screen. Is the retina THAT much better?

moocow

What exactly will you be doing on the laptop? If you're doing graphics work, then I would go for a rMBP since the MBA just don't have the juice. May I ask why aren't you considering a normal MBP?

cderrick14

I will be doing mild photo editing, the usual browsing, emailing, office sort of stuff.
I will also try to play Civ 5, or the newer game because those games are like crack :)

I like the idea of the air because it is so thin, but at this point the rMBP is pretty svelte as well and packs the power. The normal MBP really does nothing for me. It lacks the high end screen, but is still pretty bulky and is fairly expensive still.

Ultimately, getting the 13" base rMBP seems like a good 4-5 year investment and I think it is my best bet.

moocow

If you're a road warrior that does a lot editing on the go and don't have a Mac Pro at home, then a 13 inch rMBP would be the better option. However, you don't have the AMD graphics card until you move up to the top of the line model so I don't know how well it games.

Latest posts

Twitter