What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Trying to get my quad 295's all folding

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If you got those 295's from Zlojack, he never could get the 4th core working. I hate to suggest it because you're under water, but try swapping cards to see if the issue follows the card.

kruzn4evr

I am beginning to wonder about this one core, I've lowered the clocks in increments 4 times and now at 504/1107/999 and even paused the other 3 cores and still getting the same thing. Thing is, the core itself I believe is working properly based on benches I've done so far.

SugarJ? you mean swap out one of the pcb's to the other card?...man!!..then I'd have to drain the loop and put them both apart!...what a pita that would be! :doh::haha:

Attachments

• folding4.jpg
    folding4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 103

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Troubleshooting continues.

Raise the Core back to stock speeds, lower the Ram speed this time around. Same pattern. After a few unstable machine messages, raise the ram back to stock, and lower the Shaders.

If all 3 report unstable machine messages, the card has a major problem.

kruzn4evr

I had the same thought, I'll mess around with it more tomorrow, as I said though, overall both cards appear to performing fine in every other aspect, benches, games etc. so I find this rather strange....if the card does have a major problem I'm gonna have to get ahold of Jack for RMA...I'm sure he'd be pleased to know it wasn't just him though..lol

fefox

My setup, Vista with the 2x295 cards, I sometimes get one job throwing the unstable_machine msg, I would delete and download a new WU.. if that didn't fix the problem, I would SHUTDOWN the machine not reset, and then power it right back up, check to make sure I all 4 desktops are available and then start the folding jobs...

thats always worked for me..

also both the blue and green LED's are lit on each card right?

kruzn4evr

Well SOB!!...I just had a look and only blue light is on!...they were both on last time I remember looking, which was within the last couple of days...DAM!

kruzn4evr

I disabled SLI in the nVidia control panel and now have both blue lights....I'll give it another try just to see what happens

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
SugarJ? you mean swap out one of the pcb's to the other card?...man!!..then I'd have to drain the loop and put them both apart!...what a pita that would be! :doh::haha:

I meant to swap card positions. The card in PCI-Ex16 slot 1 moves to slot 2 and vice-versa. Just to see if it's a issue with a specific card. But I see you've identified an LED indicator issue. Power related?

Latest posts