What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

trying to get onboard sound working again.

Shadowmeph

a while ago when I was using a Nvid 560ti video card I had no problems with onboard sound. then I switched out the card for AMD card and for the life of me I cannot get any sound from the on board sound I am, running three monitors I one is my 55" tv which I use to watch videos via HDMI,
the second monitor is for things like monitoring my hardware.
the 3rd monitor is actually an older 27" LCD tv I use head phones and have two sets one set is plugged into the back of my led 55" .
The other set I am trying to use the on board sound for gaming on my 27"tv.
I can plug into the back of this old lcd tv and get sound but the head phone jack is loose so the sound will cut in and out if the cord is moved to much.
when I plug my headphones into the onboard sound I can hear the static when it is first plugged in but that is it.
I have tried to set the realtek to default device and when I move the volume control around I can see the sound bar moving but I cannot hear any sound.
I checked the bios to make sure that onboard sound is also on. uninstalled reinstalled the drivers I am not sure where to go from here.
any suggestions?

MARSTG

You might not be able to do that, try and disable the hdmi sound output in the sound panel and see if it allows you to activate the onboard sound.

Shadowmeph

thanks guys I already did all of the above and still nothing. I am thinking of removing the AMD drivers and clean the registry reboot and see if the on board sound works but then I have no driver for the video card

sswilson

Staff member
IIRC, AMD's HD audio output is a separate entry in device manager. Have you tried disabling just that portion and then seeing if your realtek audio returns?

sswilson

Staff member
Does the realtek app (not just the windows audio) recognise when you plug/unplug a connector? Is the proper output selected from within the realtek app?