What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tubing and Tube Coils

miggs78

Guys just having trouble choosing what tubing to buy.

Masterkleer or Swiftech 7/16" tubing.

Also is Primochill tube coils any better than the Swiftech ones. The Swiftech coils I have are ridiculously cheap, break easily..

freakgeek1337

1/2" FTW!:biggrin: But most Primochill products are fairly decent. By the looks of it the tubing coils look to be too, but I just have to say that as long as you don't flex them too much they should be fine. Also if you really want 7/16" tubing, I'd go with MasterKleer hands down. Bends much better I heard.

Mibs

Most people will choose Masterkleer for 7/16" I believe. I went with Tygon but it's ridiculously expensive, probably not worth it. I bought Primochill coil, but got it price matched for $1.88 for bundle. I can't quite remember, I think a bundle of it is 40". It works well, there's lots of color selection as well. I noticed that is gets lots of tiny cracks in it under pressure, but it doesn't actually break unless you put a lot of stress on it.

I have to agree with 1/2", but really it's your choice. I think the thicker tubing just looks cooler. I'm pretty sure I remember 3.0charlie mentioning he did tests and showed no difference in results using 7/16" vs 1/2". 7/16" would be a bit easier to work with.

miggs78

Most people will choose Masterkleer for 7/16" I believe. I went with Tygon but it's ridiculously expensive, probably not worth it. I bought Primochill coil, but got it price matched for $1.88 for bundle. I can't quite remember, I think a bundle of it is 40". It works well, there's lots of color selection as well. I noticed that is gets lots of tiny cracks in it under pressure, but it doesn't actually break unless you put a lot of stress on it.

I have to agree with 1/2", but really it's your choice. I think the thicker tubing just looks cooler. I'm pretty sure I remember 3.0charlie mentioning he did tests and showed no difference in results using 7/16" vs 1/2". 7/16" would be a bit easier to work with.

Yes Charlie did suggest 1/2" tubing, it kinks less, and he also mentioned its not that harder handling over 7/16" tubing. I would like to get 1/2", but tygon is ridiculously expensive as you said, the cheapest I can find is $14.71 for a TygonR-3603 which is rated high but its priced for only 5ft, imagine almost $29 just one 10ft bundle and also Feser One tubing seems quite nice but its also very expensive. Only left that ncix carry is Primochill which lots of people say its not very clear and not very good either, infact if you read the XS review of tubing they also go to a point to say the tacky silicone like texture of the Primoflex is a dust magnet.

Only thing left to do is 7/16" tubing. I wanted to order from somewhere else, only place left is the Us based stores that ship to Canada, which will kill you in shipping

Thanks guys

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
There are 3 advantages to 7/16" tubing over 1/2": it bends easier , takes less space inside a small case and seals better over barbs. But simply having the peace of mind that 1/2" won't kink over time is huge.

freakgeek1337

What are you talking about???:shok: Primochill has excellent tubing, It's even more flexible than Tygon and twice as good for value!:thumb: Primochill has to be my favorite tubing out there for 1/2", plus it's Linus and Apollo4g approved. So you know it's good...:biggrin: