What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Turtle Beach AK-R8 and NCIX

Unklmo

so i bought me these fancy headphones NCIX.com - Buy Turtle Beach AK-R8 8 Speaker 5.1 Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset - TBS-2120 In Canada. and there was a problem with them in that the mic wasn't transmitting. be it Windows audio testing not picking up my voice, BF2 voip setup (same problem), and teamspeak not working either.
so i pay a visit to some to Turtle Beach's trouble shooting guide and do exactly what they suggest and diconnect the mic from the headset and plug it directly to my mic input on my chassis. it worked, so bad hardware somewhere else in the line. RMA'd back to NCIX, AFTER confirming with customer rep that i would be able to get a refund , not an exchange if there should be a problem with the replacement unit. was assurred yes. neatly repackaged and all.
recieve the replacement unit later on, and same problems. contact customer support, explained to "Matt" what was going on. well he checked out the previous unit and found it to be working fine. :blarg:
so we sat on the phone, and ran through some trouble-shooting. everything was setup the same way, but his apparently is working while mine doesn't. (sound works, mic don't !). in the bundled software's control panel, the mic's recording levels weren't even moving. and nothing was muted. according to "Matt" it should all be good.
well, it's not. thank-you very much "Matt" for you time and effort (really guys, kudos to Matt for trying his best :thumb: ) but now it would appear that because of some unknown issue that not even NCIX's tech could dedeuce (and he tried), now, if found to be in working order after i send them back to NCIX, they're just gonna send them back to me. basically, i'm sh*t outta luck :censored:
now i get the whole "hygiene" issue with headphones, and that's why they say they are going to send me back the second unit if it works on their end. but they are going to sell the first pair as an open box. where's the logic?? can sell one pair, but not two ?? both of them only worn for a couple of hours trying to get them to work! trying not to sound like a rant here, but i'm pissed !
customer support techie guy "Matt" did a great job at trying to solve this problem, but couldn't and it looks like i'm going to be left with a product that i can't use for what i specifically bought it for.
any ideas about what i can/should do about with either the headset, or NCIX's stance on returning them ?

Dated Nov 23, 2007 at 05:59 PM composed by Ncix Support
Hi ,
I have talked it over with a few members of management and we cannot take it back, we going to have to throw out your original headphones and not put them up as open box items for hygenic reasons.
Thanks,
Matt

e-mail i just recieved. this is f***ing bullsh*t

Last edited:

llama_egg

Hmm, very strange indeed. First, what version of windows are you using, as I found playing around with audio support in XP and Vista much different. Second, any chance you can list what you've already tried? I really would prefer not to start going over things you have already done. Oh, and one last thing, have you ever used a mic on your current setup before these?

Anywho, I'll try and see what I can figure out in the morning. It's sleepy time now xD

Unklmo

Hmm, very strange indeed. First, what version of windows are you using, as I found playing around with audio support in XP and Vista much different. Second, any chance you can list what you've already tried? I really would prefer not to start going over things you have already done. Oh, and one last thing, have you ever used a mic on your current setup before these?

Anywho, I'll try and see what I can figure out in the morning. It's sleepy time now xD

i'm using xp pro and through Windows "sound and audio" it recognizes the unit and when trying to troubleshoot it in the "voice" tab my voice does not come through the mic.
when i use the BF2 voip setup utility, my voice gets picked up right away(it would appear). but like i said, in the bundled software that came with the unit, in the control panel the mic recording levels don't even budge. and in Teamspeak, i get nothing:angry2:.
i'm currently using a set of Altec's Altec Lansing Products: AHS515
nothing fancy, just plug and play. comfortable, just have one busted speaker. stereo sound coming out of one speaker really sux!
all of the settings i can find on my pc show the Turtle's as being the selected device.

anyone ??