What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

TV?

Scratch

thnx for all the help but I'm now a little confused

I purchased the ATI 650
I purchased the Sharp 42" HD 1080p LCD
I purchased an HDMI cable
I subscribed to Shaw Digital

I downloaded the NVidea drivers for the tuner and ran the setup for the TV through Windows Media Center (it was the only program that would work)
I set my graphics to multiple displays with the Dell as my primary and the Sharp as the secondary screen. The guide ran so incredibly slow that it was virtually impossible to change channels at certain times. Some times it would be ok and others simply unusable.
I decided to change configurations and just try the TV hooked directly to cable and the change was of course dramatic as channels changed instantly etc.
I then thopught that I would try a 5.1 Samsung Home Theater system and am now unable to get the TV to play through the 5.1 speakers unless I am playing a movie??
Hopefully I am just missing something but at the moment am unable to figure out what I'm doing wrong