What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Two or four STICKS?

Soultribunal

Staff member
Corsair, years ago was very good Kit. But lately I will second JD In saying they are overpriced.

Micron (Crucial) is the way to go for Memory IMO.
They have solid stuff for sure, and I have yet to have issues with them (Or Samsung in Laptops).

-ST

Soultribunal

Staff member
Gskill is fine, and Samsung Chips on them are top notch stuff usually. G.Skills customer support is also really good. I had to go through a bit to get their Triple Channels stuff working back in the X58 days, and they were amazing.

-ST

Dwayne

Stop the presses.......I ordered the above G-Skill sticks!
Did I do good?

At a minimum don't forget to go in and enable the DOCP for the memory. For best results go in and do some manual tuning. Use the memory tuning software for Ryzen. Of course, we don't know how Zen 3 and the RAM will function together, but the RAM should be some of the best available and be able to handle some overclocking, if that's what Zen 3 is going to like.

GeezerGamer

At a minimum don't forget to go in and enable the DOCP for the memory. For best results go in and do some manual tuning. Use the memory tuning software for Ryzen. Of course, we don't know how Zen 3 and the RAM will function together, but the RAM should be some of the best available and be able to handle some overclocking, if that's what Zen 3 is going to like.
Advice taken, Thanks!

belgolas

Stop the presses.......I ordered the above G-Skill sticks!
Did I do good?
You made a good choice. G-Skill does make one step up but it is also very expensive. They do make a 3600 mhz CL14 which puts it above almost any stick out there at stock settings but they are like $400 ish for 32gbs. Ram though is something where diminishing returns is rapidly achieved.

GeezerGamer

Damm, I just received notice my order was cancelled! Due to "manufacturer is having inventory constraints"...SHITE!
Those sticks have a timing of 16 16 16 36. I could maybe get similar sticks with timings of 16 19 19 39?
Would there be a noticeable difference in performance??
I thought I had this RAM thing behind me!!!!

GeezerGamer

JD
Thanks for the links. Those G-Skill are geared towards intel though, I'm going AMD x570 MB.