What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Two or four STICKS?

Dwayne

Damm, I just received notice my order was cancelled! Due to "manufacturer is having inventory constraints"...SHITE!
Those sticks have a timing of 16 16 16 36. I could maybe get similar sticks with timings of 16 19 19 39?
Would there be a noticeable difference in performance??
I thought I had this RAM thing behind me!!!!

I ordered some yesterday, still looks in stock.

JD

Staff member
Thanks for the links. Those G-Skill are geared towards intel though, I'm going AMD x570 MB.
Yes, if you want plug n'play functionality, make sure G.SKILL lists your motherboard on their QVL. The ones linked by Dwayne should fit the bill since 3600MHz is the "max" before you get into overclocking the Infinity Fabric.

I plan to run these 4000MHz ones on my Zen 2 (and eventually Zen 3) system though. I'll just tweak the timings and frequency manually. These are supposed to be "hand picked" B-die chips, so hopefully they produce good results :)

There's a good tool from 1usmus as well called "DRAM Calculator for Ryzen" which helps with all the RAM settings and timings.

Entz

Has there been any official confirmation if the IF clock is changing? Some people say the IO die is the same, some say its different etc. AMD was benchmarking using 3600 RAM so I am guessing still 1800 but 1900 would be nice so you don't have to play the CPU silicon lottery.

Buildzoid has a decent video about all the timings for Ryzen 3000 its a bit rambly as he often does (I still like his stuff though)

GeezerGamer

Please someone tell me I'll be more than happy with these, the ones Dwanye purchased????
My motherboard is on the QVL! These will rock yes?
I've never used Newegg, reputable?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Please someone tell me I'll be more than happy with these, the ones Dwanye purchased????
My motherboard is on the QVL! These will rock yes?
I've never used Newegg, reputable?

The ram is great.

Newegg? They're Average to OK imo. Shipping & Return fees make me steer clear usually, but I'm spoiled with Memory Express in town.

GeezerGamer

well well WELL!
As I type this on my new Logitech 915....it seems nice:)
I ordered the G-Skill Trident Z RGB 2 x 16GB yada yada yada.... and some Artic 5 thermal paste from newegg.ca.
Hope it all works out!

Cheers