What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

TwystedMonkey's Random Question Thread

enaberif

windex eh? Although that makes me slightly nervous I know you know what your talking about so I will think about it.
And a question for all those that own a PS3 : What the hell is up with these intec fan things that clip onto the side for extra cooling? They say they extend the life of the PS3, which although I know its bullshot designed to make me nervous does exactly that. How hot does the PS3 actually get and if I waited a couple more months do you think they would have more efficient cooling built into them buy then?

When my ps3 was folding it was amazing how much heat was dumped. But those clip on fans do more harm than any good.

Thund3rball

If your LCD is a glossy screen it has a piece of glass over the panel so you can use anything to clean it. If you have a matte screen I am not sure Windex is a good idea? Honestly I have never had to use anything on my LCDs other than a dry cloth.

For the PS3 Question, I like the Rock Band idea. That's how my wife bought me a Wii. "But honey we can play together and have cool Rock Band parties." And so that's exactly what we do. She LOVES playing drums... who knew? I love the drums too but I usually play Guitar when I play just with her. Although she will play a little bass so I get a go on the skins ;)

enaberif

If your LCD is a glossy screen it has a piece of glass over the panel so you can use anything to clean it. If you have a matte screen I am not sure Windex is a good idea? Honestly I have never had to use anything on my LCDs other than a dry cloth.

For the PS3 Question, I like the Rock Band idea. That's how my wife bought me a Wii. "But honey we can play together and have cool Rock Band parties." And so that's exactly what we do. She LOVES playing drums... who knew? I love the drums too but I usually play Guitar when I play just with her. Although she will play a little bass so I get a go on the skins ;)

Never use windex on a tv ever whether its matte or has a protective cover.

Get the proper LCD cleaner:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=21090&vpn=126923&manufacture=Monster Cable

Dashock

Tell her you need her to let you get this last thing to make yea feel like a man cause after today shell be wearing the pants it looks like in your relationship. and P.s i cannooooooot waiit to get married rofl lol j/k

Eldonko

Why not? Ive been doing it my whole life and its fine. That is just marketing hype my friend. I wouldnt use it to clean a camera lens or something but tv and lcd screens are more durable than you think. I dont have 1 scratch on mine. :bananafunky:

TwystedMonkey

Ok new random question and why my first experience at "Homeoutfitters" was a bad one... And in backwards order my "homeoutfitters" experience with my wife.
Well along with a fairly good chunk of change as wedding gifts we also received quite a few HBC gift cards. Though i knew about them working for The Bay and Zellers my wife also informed me they worked for Homeoutfitters also. So off I went to there website to look for home stuff.... and I spotted what I actually thought was a good deal. We have needed a new vaccum for quite a while and even me with my want for computer parts had to admit it. Though the old used one we were given by my father in law works sustained use for more than 3 minutes fills the room with some sort of wet dog smell combined with something else I don't even want to figure out. I see a sale on a Bissel and from VAST experience with vaccums I think they are a fairly reputable brand. Normally 349 on for 179 AND we have giftcards, and I am about as excited as I can get about a vaccum.... so on the way to the store we phone to make sure they have one in stock (online had the dreaded limited availability yellow checkmark...) The lady we talked to informed my wife because she had nothing to scan she couldn't check the stock..... Not a good sign. Anyways we get to the store and they only have one left and its the demo model. Me and my wife don't think its a big deal. We are not looking for an extra discount or anything we just want a working vaccum. As it happens though we have to deal with the same lady we talked to on the phone. So she finally finds something to scan and confirms this is only one in the store AND that other stores either have none or are down to there demo's. Things get worse from here though because we tell her we will take the demo and she says there isn't a manager in today to authorize it. wtf. After a while of trying to explain the logic that other stores have obviously sold there's and we are not looking for an extra discount she takes my name and phone number and says she will get the manager to call us. We were in a hurry at this point so we needed to leave but suffice to say it was both sad and frustrating. So it will be interesting to see if we even get a phonecall today or if she just threw away the piece of paper when we left.
And my question is a quick one. Which color of DS Lite does everyone think I should get?

Thund3rball

Sorry 'bout your home outfitters experience, what can you do eh? On another note...

RED or BLACK DS Lite :thumb:

TwystedMonkey

Nice man I got the red AND black one today... there are so many games coming out for it I want to get and tons that are out already that are a blast. I don't know how many people played Chrono Trigger for the SNES but it seriously is still damn near the best RPG i have ever played. And they are re-releasing it for the DS which justifies me buying the system for that one game. If they remake FF6 (FF3 on the SNES) the way they have remade 4 and 5 its going to be freaking insane. I don't know if many people here own DS's but it would be interesting to know how many do.

Latest posts