What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Typical Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - 3000 Ryzen Build

LegendMask

And the Journey begins now....

Edit: First of all I really wanna give props to the guys who do this more frequently, because as much fun I had, there was a lot of cringe and head scratching moments... but never the less it was really fun going through it.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Detailed Specs of build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X w/ (Barrow Block)
Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
GPU: AMD Gigabyte Radeon 5700 XT Reference Model w/ (Barrow Block)
Memory: G.Skills Trident Z Neo 16GB (2x8) 3600Mhz
SSD/HDD: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe / 1+4TB Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Case: Lian Li Dynamic PC-O11 White
Fans: PC Cooler Corona 120mm fans
Water Cooling Parts: D5 Pump, Fittings, Tubes, Flow Meter (by Barrow) / 360 EKWB Rad / DarkSide 360 slim Rad

————————————

This part is just for curios people on my initial thoughts and regarding buying parts from China for water cooling.

A breakdown of the parts prices in Canadian are as follows:
CPU Block: $28.78
GPU Block: $77.89
D5 Pump WPM with reservoir: $80.70
Tubes: $5.07 2/pack
Straight Fittings 14mm: $3.39 ea.
90 Deg. Fittings: $4.72 ea.
3-way fitting: $6.99 ea.
Drain Valve: $13.03 ea.
Auto/Manual Exhaust Valve: $8.55
Plugs: $1.21 ea.
Silicon: $2.00 ea.
Flow Meter: ~$62.26 ea.** but bought mine from DazMode as it was kinda last minute decision for $65.99

Now in terms of quality, they do feel like really great top notch quality, and should last just like any other known brands over here.

My only concern on terms of reliability is the pump and flow meter. They are working great right now and only time will tell how they last.

My ambient temp is 21C, and so far my CPU, and GPU are getting really nice temp. Doing Cenibench and 3D Mark peak temps are:
CPU: 60C
GPU: 55C
Coolant Temp: 30C

PS: Sorry for my poor post, but I’m really not good when it comes to posts.... feel free to ask me anything else

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
I see tons of barrow stuff (including a pump no less!!! ). Really looking forward to seeing how you make out with it, and then a comparison between what types of price differential we see between barrow and what we typically see in NA.

LegendMask

I see tons of barrow stuff (including a pump no less!!! ). Really looking forward to seeing how you make out with it, and then a comparison between what types of price differential we see between barrow and what we typically see in NA.
oh I saved a lot of money almost all my water cooling stuff are from China, except coolants, drill bit and radiators.

will keep this thread alive and post more details until the build is complete ;)

JD

Staff member
What's in that motherboard sized Barrow box? Just a GPU block? Seems oddly big...

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
What's in that motherboard sized Barrow box? Just a GPU block? Seems oddly big...
Looks like one of those case specific distribution blocks, or possibly a full coverage motherboard block?

Bond007

oh I saved a lot of money almost all my water cooling stuff are from China, except coolants, drill bit and radiators.
out of curiosity, how much of a price gap do you think there is between getting those those from China vs more typical stuff here?

LegendMask

It is indeed just a GPU block, it’s oddly sized I think because they use same box covers for all their GPU/Mono blocks, will post pictures of them

View attachment 27619

out of curiosity, how much of a price gap do you think there is between getting those those from China vs more typical stuff here?
Well I didnt do a specific comparison yet, but I have spent about $400 after including shipping for the following parts:

- CPU Block AM4+
- GPU Block AMD 5700 XT
- x15 Hard Tube Fittings (2 of them only 90 degrees)
- D5Pump (From Barrow) with Tube reservoir
- x10 PETG tubes (for about $2.5 each decided to buy more than I needed)
- some random accessories ranging from $1-$5 CAD.

I Hope I didn’t miss anything above, if I do I will update it. The rest of the parts I got them locally either because it’s actually almost the same price over here or I didn’t want to get it from Aliexpress such coolants...etcView attachment 27619

Last edited:

LegendMask

So finally managed to finish my first hard tube loop and boy hard tube is way harder than soft tubing, and me being not very good with aligning and what not, it wasn’t an easy task.

currently running Part 2 from Mayhems blitz and checking for leak, the bends are not perfect but as long as they don’t leak that should be sufficient for now.

Oh and hopefully my CPU will still work after bending the pins by accident when I took it off.

Attachments

Latest posts

Twitter