What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ubiquiti Data Breach Email warning

sswilson

Staff member

Hopefully everybody who's registered their hardware automatically received this email warning, but if you're running Ubiquiti hardware and haven't received the email you might want to look into it and decide if you need to change your passwords.

Last edited:

gingerbee

I was worried about this at first. Then realized I set up an account before setting up the AP I bought, cause once I setup the AP I used stand-alone mode so the account and controller have no access to the AP LOL such a waste of time I mean I get it if you have loads of Ubiquiti hardware to deal with. Ya I have one AP and bothered setting up account with the controller on my HTPC kinda a waste for my one AP😏

Mr. Friendly

I was worried about this at first. Then realized I set up an account before setting up the AP I bought, cause once I setup the AP I used stand-alone mode so the account and controller have no access to the AP LOL such a waste of time I mean I get it if you have loads of Ubiquiti hardware to deal with. Ya I have one AP and bothered setting up account with the controller on my HTPC kinda a waste for my one AP😏
still should change your pw for safety's sake, though.

JD

Staff member
The lack of details is concerning. Even the email, the links to change your password and such pointed to an email tracking domain, didn't go directly to their site. It also started with "Dear Customer". Overall, screamed phishing email to me until I visited their forums.

Handled very poorly overall.

gingerbee

I never use it cause it doesn't connect to anything. but your right so it's done and chrome offered up a really strong password must be a new feature I didn't know about cause its never done that before. thinking about trying the new nordpass manager

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter