What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ubiquiti lite ap slow speeds

gingerbee

I did update the firmware to the latest version from the mobile app but it's set up as a stand-alone device and I am so far not sure how to use/set up the controller software I loaded it up and it launched a webpage and asked for my login in. so I have to create an account log in on Ubiquiti software web page??? ( it would really help if Ubiquiti was really way more clear on how to set these things up ) I mean I had to just try things in the mobile app because when it started it's normal "look" for my devices it didn't find anything even though it's on the same network

gingerbee

On the topic of radar, I live in Orillia OPP Head quarters is here so I would bet there's radar in several places here

edit
ok so I know have the control software on my pc and phone but only the mobile app is seeing the ap device and cant find how to link it to my pc software. I get for huge networks this is need but for me, this is such a pain in the a$$ is relly almost not worth it.
I have looked through all the settings can't find how to link said ap device to it.

the mobile app sees the device and I can control it from there but its throughput test is the same as speedtest.net so not sure wtf is going on
I don't need a job as a network admin just so I can learn how to set up an AP for my apartment lol

forgot to mention i can control what the ap does from my cell but the dashboard won't even say there anything connected to the wireless LAN

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
There are several walkthroughs on youtube on how to set up a controller and manage devices. Suggest you take a boo at them. Its not that hard once you get some points.

Hell, even I figured it out, and I'm practically network-tarded.

gingerbee

hell I can't even figure out how to log out of the software lol. I have watched some but they are pretty much useless guess I just got the worst kind thanks

JD

Staff member
It's been a while since I setup a new controller, but I thought it asked you to create a username/password to configure after installing it. Then it should just discover the AP on your network, but since you've managed it standalone from your phone, you might need to factory reset the AP first.

supaflyx3

You will need to adopt the AP with the cloud controller and then you will be able to control it via the webui

gingerbee

ok well I must have a problem cause I just looked that feature up and it says just go into the devices section and it should list my ap for adoption the problem is it doesn't list any deices at al

Entz

Regarding DFS, at least with the full controller, you get notified when it is happening. Mine gets pinged maybe once a week.

Not familiar with the cloud controller or the app based one, but is it possible that the app you used is still controlling it. i.e. do you need to reset it for it to show up. Assuming it can even see it on the network (same subnet?)

gingerbee

ya the mobile app can control it but the cloud-based web app can't see it to adopt it so I think I may have to reset it. I think I may have caused my own problems by setting it up as a stand-alone device

plus the mobile app can now see my control of the web/cloud-based app but because I can't adopt the ap to that it also can see it lol

Ok, whats DFS ?? I really know nothing about networking and like it that way lol kidding

Twitter