What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ubuntu 8.04

miggs78

Just a quick question, I was reading about the thread on the New Ubuntu ver 8.04..

Says it doesn't install Grub and uses the windows boot menu. Back then when I installed Ubuntu it installed Grub, I was so close to screwing my RAID.. I was lucky to repair windows and get it back..

Does it detect RAID, or still the same individual SATA drives.. If it does, I might take a shot at installing it, if it doesn't then I won't bother even burning it to the DVD..

Thanks

Cheator

Raid should be fine. To get it to install form windows and not install grub, use Wubi. Its a program that will install it to a virtual disc, and should be fine with your raid with no chance of killing your windows.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Yup Cheator has is right, run WUBI from the install disc, it does not make a new partitiion but reserves space on your current NTFS partition, similar to the way virtual machines do. Can be uninstalled from within Windows. I was running Xubuntu dual-boot with Vista 64 for a couple of months this way before I gave up on the [email protected] client.

Mibs

8.04 installed grub for me. But if you install Windows after Ubuntu then it will overwrite it with the Windows menu.

Latest posts

Twitter