What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

UDM Pro

JD

Staff member
I've tried flipping between RJ45 @ 1G and SFP+ DAC @ 10G, no apparent differences. Neither gets me full Internet speeds, though that seems to maybe be some sort of bug with PPPoE possibly based on some other forum posts. I only get about 600Mbps download speeds on any client device, but on the UDM itself it does 1000+Mbps.

I only notice it really if I'm downloading a big game, otherwise its not like 600Mbps is "slow" by any means...

I have some actual Ubiquiti DAC cables on order too though, in case it's some weird compatibility issue. I noticed one of my 10Gtek cables doesn't read properly on my ES-16-XG side:
1596065432282.png

But the other one does:
1596065471241.png

lcdguy

Folding Team
likely the following items will be available eventually once thier roles have been replaced.

1x 48 Port USW Non POE
1x 16 Port USW POE (802.3AF and Passive)
1x USG
5x UVP
2x G3 Dome Camera

I am located in ontario

lcdguy

Folding Team
When they flag equipment as EOL the devices will loose support for future releases of the controller past the EOL date, requiring you to either replace the equipment or run 2 controllers one that would be no longer secure as it couldn't be updated anymore. Which may be fine for a business but is not really feasible for the average home user. Also they do not or will not publish clearly defined Support periods and expected EOS and/or EOL time lines.

None of the gear i would be getting rid of is currently flagged as EOS or EOL.

MRobi

When they flag equipment as EOL the devices will loose support for future releases of the controller past the EOL date, requiring you to either replace the equipment or run 2 controllers one that would be no longer secure as it couldn't be updated anymore. Which may be fine for a business but is not really feasible for the average home user. Also they do not or will not publish clearly defined Support periods and expected EOS and/or EOL time lines.

None of the gear i would be getting rid of is currently flagged as EOS or EOL.
Shoot me a price for the switches. Willing to ship them?

MRobi

Quite a few people have reported the SFP+ bug still persists on the 1.8.0 beta, I don't use sfp+ for my switch uplink so im not able to test.
I know you can't test but I'm wondering how well versed you are with this SFP+ bug.

Since getting my UDM Pro, I've had my Dell 5524 switch plugged into the SFP+ of the UDMp and haven't experienced any issues.

Now that I'm introducing the US-16-XG, here's what I'm experiencing.
US-16-XG SFP+
Port 1 = Bell ONT
Port 2 = SFP+ to UDM Pro WAN2
Port 3 = UDM Pro Port 11 SFP+ to US-16-XG Port 3
Port 4 = SFP+ Dell 5524 Switch
Port 5 = SFP+ Media server

Setting up like this, I'm getting 1,100+Mb download and only around 300 upload (up from approx 200/80 using a media converter). If I try to stream anything from my media server, video or audio freezes like clockwork every 7s. That includes streaming within my home network. No issues with downloads, video calls, etc..

If I disconnect the uplink on Port 3, plug my Dell 5524 directly into port 11 on the UDM Pro and plug my Media server on the other SFP+ port on the Dell switch, everything runs smoothly. (Essentially turning the US-16-XG into a $700 media converter)

At first glance it appears the issue is on the US-16-XG side since the Dell switch runs smoothly when plugged into the same port on the UDMp side. Not being well versed in this SFP+ bug, could it only be happening when plugged into another Unifi product?

supaflyx3

I know you can't test but I'm wondering how well versed you are with this SFP+ bug.

Since getting my UDM Pro, I've had my Dell 5524 switch plugged into the SFP+ of the UDMp and haven't experienced any issues.

Now that I'm introducing the US-16-XG, here's what I'm experiencing.
US-16-XG SFP+
Port 1 = Bell ONT
Port 2 = SFP+ to UDM Pro WAN2
Port 3 = UDM Pro Port 11 SFP+ to US-16-XG Port 3
Port 4 = SFP+ Dell 5524 Switch
Port 5 = SFP+ Media server

Setting up like this, I'm getting 1,100+Mb download and only around 300 upload (up from approx 200/80 using a media converter). If I try to stream anything from my media server, video or audio freezes like clockwork every 7s. That includes streaming within my home network. No issues with downloads, video calls, etc..

If I disconnect the uplink on Port 3, plug my Dell 5524 directly into port 11 on the UDM Pro and plug my Media server on the other SFP+ port on the Dell switch, everything runs smoothly. (Essentially turning the US-16-XG into a $700 media converter)

At first glance it appears the issue is on the US-16-XG side since the Dell switch runs smoothly when plugged into the same port on the UDMp side. Not being well versed in this SFP+ bug, could it only be happening when plugged into another Unifi product?
Not well versed enough to be able to help 😅 maybe zoob can chime in he has the exact same setup as you do and has been dealing with said udmp bugs. I do have a spare DAC laying around I could test with but my switch isn't a unifi one so it wouldn't be apples to apples

Latest posts

Twitter