What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Sell Ultimate Audiophile Grado RS-1 Headphones + extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojamijams

Now SOLD!

You can read more detail about the Classic (Semi-Vintage) series on Mercutio's excellent thread @ Classifying versions of the RS1: Your Guide (Work in Progress) - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

This is a Classic (Semi-Vintage) version of the RS-1, before they even started putting serial numbers on them so these are the oldest (and best sounding) of the Classic RS1 series. I've directly compared these to the, at the time, brand new buttonless RS1's (not the RS1i) at Bay Bloor Radio, and it wasn't even a contest, these were better.

I will also include the pizza box and the 1/4" to 1/8" grado adapter. Likewise, you'll get a brand new pair of TTVJ Flats AND Bowls (worth $80CAD with shipping alone). I think they sound better with flats, but feel free to experiment and suit yourself :)

There are a few dings on the wood, which is normal for a (approx) 8 year old pair of headphones, but they're very shallow, purely cosmetic and do nothing to interfere with the beautiful sound (you can see them on the edges of the wood cups in the pictures). The cable is pristine with no kinks or twists anywhere.

Now SOLD! You will be hard pressed to find an old pair as these, as great sounding as these, for less. I'm not in a hurry to sell, so no lowball offers. The price is assuming you will be paying by EMT (preferred) or money order. I am not looking to use Paypal at this time.

Considering Bay Bloor Radio sells the RS1i (which are not as good sounding) for $900 +tax, these are a steal for anyone who wants to experience the legend that is the Grado RS-1.

ImageShack Gallery

The were my reference system as you can see in my signature and are an amazing pair of headphones, truly world class. Only thing I could find that was better then them was a custom IEM from JH Audio, The JH-13 Pro which $1,200.

Last edited:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Please read the forum rules for posting pictures in a sale thread. They must be accompanied by a hand-written piece of paper with your forum name on it.

Wankerfx

Gah, I want these so bad, but I'd like to try the Sennheiser house sound. I'm going to offload my 325i's within a week or so. Best of luck with your sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts