What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ultimate Internet PC

CyHawk

Stay with asus board over ASRock. Why that one over the one I suggested?
I have heard the G.Skill have been having reliability issues. The Adata or some Corsair would be fine. Stay with 1.5v. Really no need to spend the extra money with your budget.
Newegg.ca - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9B
Case is personal choice. Look for one without a power supply. I got this one for my dad.
Newegg.ca - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B Black Aluminum/ SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

MARSTG

Fusion line of APUs is great because of the integrated video chip on it. For what you need would be plenty. Just for your info Win7 64 bit can run fine on 2GB of ram only, basic install is taking like 640MB of RAM or so. Even with all my SMP&GPU folding and browsing in the same time is not jumping over 2GB on my sig rig. So 4 GB would be plenty. But if the user will play a lot of games on Facebook you might need quite a lot of RAM as flash player uses to load a lot the ram, my gf is complaining a lot about it and her system also has 4GB of ram, I had to create a 6GB swap file on the HDD to solve that issue.

JD

Staff member
Looks fine, though I'm pretty sure you can find that case cheaper elsewhere. Unless you don't like in/near a large city, there should be quite a few local computer shops around that would carry the Sonata III.

CyHawk

Looks good. If budget is still a concern, get the Adata ram at half the price.

Bond007

Your final choices are great. That said you could definetely save a few bucks on the case with some shopping around, and the i3 2100 would be a slightly cheaper CPU that will perform the exact same for your needs (identical to the 2105, except weaker integrated graphics, but still good enough for all your needs).

Latest posts

Twitter