What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ultra high frequency noise?

magictorch

yes it is the GTX

Let me know if it is the GTX, cause I have the same thing....and I can kindof source the noise from the area closest to it's power connections....
I assembled some new parts a couple of days ago, MB, RAM, HD, CPU. The ultra-high pitched noise is still there and does seem to be the GTX (its just quieter now). I dont really notice the noise with a 7950GT.

I think it maybe PSU ripple related?...havent got a clue really. But the GTX looked fine when I took it out.

magictorch

ok

yea ive been following the thread but not last day or so...seems to have been a breakthrough! nicejob.

Trouble is the noise i have doesn't correspond with the youtube video (its much higher pitched not as annoying), no clicking, and its constant game or not. Ill pull the card out and go through it in detail again just in case. Fan controllers is whining a bit too.

Cptn Vortex

Mines is not clicking either, it's like a buzzing sound. And it happens when I move my mouse. When I'm bored I use my mouse like a turntable and pretend I'm a DJ scratching. Fun times...

Latest posts

Twitter