What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ultrawide Recommendations

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Built in KVM? Holy!

I'm almost tempted to get one of these for my laptop & desktop in a similar fashion @Skippman ...use my AW34 + this with my desktop, and use this for my laptop via kvm

Lysrin

Built in KVM? Holy!

I'm almost tempted to get one of these for my laptop & desktop in a similar fashion @Skippman ...use my AW34 + this with my desktop, and use this for my laptop via kvm
It's a nice option and more common it seems on Gigabyte monitors. My new one has it too.

Urotsukidoji

Lysrin

I currently use this and love it, no complaints

Yes they do some comparisons with that one in the Hardware Unboxed video I posted... at least I think it is that model.

Skippman

Built in KVM? Holy!

Honestly that was the killer app for me. Finding a good KVM that supports VRR for things like G-Sync and FreeSync is hard. The best I could find was from Level 1 which has a whole suite of DisplayPort 1.4 KVM's. Their 2 computer / 1 display model alone was $300. Having the KVM built into the monitor saves me that $300 so I'm basically getting an Ultrawide monitor for $200USD. It doesn't hurt that Rtngs gives it a pretty good review for what it is.

Now, need to clarify here before you bite the bullet @Sagath but the KVM functionality consists of one USB A 3.0 out and one USB C out. If you're using a laptop that shouldn't be an issue as you'll likely use the USB C for video and data like I am, and then run the USB A over to your gaming rig/desktop.

This is the video that really sold me. It's about another monitor (their 27") in the line but the functionality is identical.

Latest posts