What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Umidigi A5 pro? Something comparable or a better budget option?

Bond007

Damn....

Lightning deal that's already 75% sold out so be quick if you're interested.... :)
Haha. Thanks. I went on when it was 67%...twiddled my thumbs for <5 min and it was at 85%, walked to my computer @ 95% and added to my cart.

EDIT: the other colour is still at 80% if anyone wants to jump in. I managed to get the space grey.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... pretty hard to beat those specs @ $130. Let us know what you think of it when it comes in.

Mr. Friendly

what is the mod community like for support? is it running a true stock version of Android 9? what's is access for patches? future OS updates?

sswilson

Staff member
Any update on this phone yet? Did you get it in? If so... what do you think of it?

Bond007

Any update on this phone yet? Did you get it in? If so... what do you think of it?
The phone was received very quick. I haven’t had a chance to really test it out well but initial impression are great for the price.

Build quality compares with much more expensive phones. It comes with a screen protector, a “case” and charger. While a great included item, the case is too thin to be more than a scratch stopper. Screen looks very good and doesn’t seem to have any lag or colour issues. I never noticed any issues with response time opening the stock apps. Never tested for battery life yet, but with my time just playing with it seemed fine. Most people seem to complain about the camera, and I think I would agree. It works fine, but it is definitely a weaker point for it. I suspect it is more software driven for the camera though, so it may improve over time. The different cameras all work in their intended ways, but the issue is inconsistent focus (sometimes perfect, but sometimes not) and colours aren’t very vibrant. Didn’t game on it, but given the specs I would say it should be capable, but not a strong performer.

Summary so far. Perfect for the price and the fact it will be going to my father as a general use phone. If you would use it for a lot of important photos I would give it a pass until things possibly get sorted. Otherwise I don’t think I would have any problem recommending it for general use, a cheap kids phone, etc.

I will update after I test it a bit more, but it won’t be too intensive until after Christmas (it will be a gift).

Latest posts

Twitter