What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Unreasonable request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Some of you may remember my... Altercations with Dell and their awful support. In the end I was forced to give up, got super stressed out by the whole situation and set everything aside.

Now, however, I do want to get my very expensive out of warranty Alienware fixed and functioning normally. But.. well, there's no east way to say this... My health has gotten a lot worse, and my hands shake too much for me to think about modifying heatsinks on the laptop. I honestly don't have the confidence to modify the laptop with the spare parts I orders off eBay for it.

So, unreasonable request. Would there be anyone in the Montreal area willing to help? I can work out some sort of trade or other payment form. I've got a spare heatsink to modify, a spare heatsink bracket/cover to possibly modify, and a spare bottom panel to modify.

I don't really know what else to say... I'm sorry I'm even asking, but the laptop is collecting dust because of how unstable it is to use for gaming, and the thought of working on it gives me wonderful stress reminders about my many months of dealing with Dell "support".

I'll shut up now. Sorry again. I guess.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
CM, your query is far from unreasonable and I hope someone here is willing to help.

if you're okay to ship your notebook, mebe talk to Cpt. Vortex, he loves to do this sorta thing. I can vouch for him too...known him for more than 11 years and we both work at the same company. :)

Lysrin

I'm not in the area but certainly no issue with asking for help! Several folks have done that on here before.

Hopefully you can get this resolved soon and relatively stress free! (y)

gingerbee

I am very sick myself and your request is not far from reasonable at all. Just wish I was in Montreal to help sorry m8 here's calling all hwc members from Montreal to help this man with some basic stuff for this community

Bond007

I know there are a few members in that area. I hope someone can give you a hand. I can’t remember the fine details from your last thread...did you end up Undervolting? It really does make a world of difference all on its own in the mean time.

Good luck with everything, and let us know how things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.