What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Upcoming YT channel: Mr. Techtician

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I don't suppose any of our existing youtubers could offer any advice? Which mics, lights, etc? Tips? A lot of the YouTube vids on starting a channel are vague unfortunately

CMetaphor

Quadfather
So everything has been purchased except the large key lights, but those aren't needed to start doing a few live streams before I'm comfortable enough to do proper videos.

Soooooo I just need a couple of things: A logo, an overlay screen (maybe) and a bit of a jingle. The last I'll handle myself as I used to be in a band, so I'll record a few little things to avoid "dead air". As for graphic design though... I have very little experience. The Mr. Techtician logo is currently a B&W rook (chess piece) with glasses and a tie - not exactly dazzling.

So what would you guys suggest for a logo or overlay screen (the latter I've heard is necessary for in-between camera angles for videos and as a prep / waiting room screen before a stream starts) ? I'm looking around Fiverr but there are tons and tons of artists (so I don't know who to pick) and all, I believe, would at least need some sort of concept beforehand. Throw out anything you've got folks!

Thanks as always HWC 👍

FreeKnight

I'm not enough of a youtube fan to really have any suggestions. There's only about 4 channels I check out regularly, I would say you're probably as well of to start off right away even if the bells and whistles take a while.

Most channels have an obvious curve where you can see the production and polish is lower in early videos so I wouldn't let the logo, jingle or anything stop you. Get producing content first and you'll get an idea of works better and worse as you go.

enaberif

As someone who has been doing YouTube stuff since 2018 take this with a grain of salt.

Focus on quality and content then worry about all the flashy things.

People will be more interested in you and how you are on camera than flashy bits.

Once your have a good base established look at upgrading and making changes like lights and such.

Latest posts