What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

updating old cell phones custom rom

Shadowmeph

is ther a way to update and old Samsung galaxy core lte Custom rom , I haven't updating since I rooted this phone back in 2014 I realized I haven't updated this system for a long tome went to update it and it kicked back the error and of course it uses Kies and the kies kicks back an error about initializing not available fore this phone lol

lowfat

Staff member
If your phone is still rooted you can try here.

Just make sure it is for your region. You will need to be rooted w/ an unlocked bootloader.

Shadowmeph

thank you
will this work on my core lte? I had installed a rom years back so I am sure I am unlocked and rooted

lowfat

Staff member
thank you
will this work on my core lte? I had installed a rom years back so I am sure I am unlocked and rooted
There are generally a few different model numbers for the same design. Ones meant for different regions. You'll need to check if yours is a GT-I8262.

Bond007

Shadowmeph

I think maybe I will just buy a cheap phone like a ulefone amor x9 they are on sale just not sure how to transfer all my apps and such to it my current cell is the first android phone I have had and I have owned it since I think 2014 lol