What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Upgrade my System

gingerbee

Are you anywhere near a micro center cause I believe they can offer all the services people here at talking about. IE put it all together for ya

ModernRevolutions

Are you anywhere near a micro center cause I believe they can offer all the services people here at talking about. IE put it all together for ya
The closest one is an hour and 5 minutes away :(

I honestly wouldn't mind trying to put it all together myself. I just might want someone to chat with directly or even video chat on Discord or something to walk my through that. Anyone able to do that?

gingerbee

I am pretty sure most of us here will help you but I don't know if anyone has the time for a video session well you build it but if you were to do a build log people will happily help ya out but you never know someone her may have the time I just can't speak for anyone, have you ever put a PC together??

There not hard it's just making sure the parts are compatible is the first most important thing then you could watch a few diy build videos I would suggest Linus Tech tips but there are many others who do a very good job

ModernRevolutions

I am pretty sure most of us here will help you but I don't know if anyone has the time for a video session well you build it but if you were to do a build log people will happily help ya out but you never know someone her may have the time I just can't speak for anyone, have you ever put a PC together??

There not hard it's just making sure the parts are compatible is the first most important thing then you could watch a few diy build videos I would suggest Linus Tech tips but there are many others who do a very good job
I haven't put one together from scratch, but I've added parts such as RAM, graphics card, and PSU. I'm just a bit nervous I'd get halfway through and then lost. I have a friend that has done it, maybe I can have him come over just to help.

I appreciate your help!

sswilson

Staff member
As far as the case goes.... pick your motherboard first. The format (mATX, ATX, or mITX) will determine case requirements. Cases are probably the hardest to recommend as they're so subjective, but just about any mini tower will probably do. (Probably don't want a full tower case if you're coming from a small format pre-built... it'll feel like you've erected an apartment building beside your keyboard. :)

ModernRevolutions

As far as the case goes.... pick your motherboard first. The format (mATX, ATX, or mITX) will determine case requirements. Cases are probably the hardest to recommend as they're so subjective, but just about any mini tower will probably do. (Probably don't want a full tower case if you're coming from a small format pre-built... it'll feel like you've erected an apartment building beside your keyboard. :)
Well thankfully I have my computer on a lower shelf that is pretty big, but I don't think it can accommodate that much more. Do you mind if I PM you with further questions? Its cool if not, you've been a great help so far!

sswilson

Staff member
You can, but it's best to keep those kind of questions in open posts so that other members can offer their opinions. I know what I personally like, but I'm far from an SME when it comes to building PCs.

Latest posts