What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Upgrade to AW3418DW?

rjbarker

Same, I love mine as well. And I think there were a lot of us coming from the Dell U2711(13/15) which were great monitors, but this thing is just so much better.

And having G-Sync really does make a difference.

Yeah there were a bunch of us with that Dell U2711 ....still have mine...thought it was great...until the Gsync .....so whats next....? How about Ultra Wide 16:10 Aspect Ratio.....166 Hz Gsync ..?? What do we need monitorwise (top end) with a couple of 3XXX Ti's ......the lack of SLi support in some decent titles (New Metro) mean we're now limited to best performance single card.....

jtf2

Finally ordering mine next week:clap:.Delaying a week as i will be in victoria golfing,and can`t have my wife dealing with the big ass box i know it comes in

For those here without a calibrator,what settings on the display have you changed right away if any?,is it easier to just use the adjusted profiles that are on the tft database for that monitor??

JD

Staff member
Finally ordering mine next week:clap:.Delaying a week as i will be in victoria golfing,and can`t have my wife dealing with the big ass box i know it comes in

For those here without a calibrator,what settings on the display have you changed right away if any?,is it easier to just use the adjusted profiles that are on the tft database for that monitor??
The ones on TFT Central were decent, I always drop the brightness a ton with any monitor I get. I'm not 100% satisfied with my current calibration but have been too lazy to run it again :whistle:

One thing I've noticed is that the top edge of the screen is darker, like a vignette, which is something I've never seen on a monitor before. Makes my Chrome tabs a little harder to read (I use dark mode too). There is some minimal glow/bleed along the bottom edge which I'd expect with IPS. Nothing that I find overly annoying though.

jtf2

The ones on TFT Central were decent, I always drop the brightness a ton with any monitor I get. I'm not 100% satisfied with my current calibration but have been too lazy to run it again :whistle:

One thing I've noticed is that the top edge of the screen is darker, like a vignette, which is something I've never seen on a monitor before. Makes my Chrome tabs a little harder to read (I use dark mode too). There is some minimal glow/bleed along the bottom edge which I'd expect with IPS. Nothing that I find overly annoying though.

thanks for feedback,i have read other people having that darker screen on top portion of monitor.
going to purchase a monitor arm from amazon for mounting.Gonna be saweeet:thumb:

jtf2

Well the beast arrived yesterday,amazon arm is ready to go
looking forward to this

jtf2

well set it up,no pics yet
what a beast,never seen a widescreen in person so going from the 27 to this is amazing to say the least
blb,i lucked out perhaps-just a little in the bottom corners,actually less blb than the 27

mounted monitor with the amazon basic monitor arm,very slick,just had to tighten up the main spring quite a bit to stop the sag
also without the stand you still get some lighting effects coming off the back of the monitor,not sure if i like that quite yet,may turn it off
Still playing with settings,i increased the size of icons etc to 125% may go a little bigger
no time yet for gaming so it is just sitting at the 100hz
have installed a profile from tft central for now,will be looking at a colorimeter in the future

all in all very happy so far

JD

Staff member
I set my lights to an orange-red colour, seems to help a bit with the eyestrain even though it's barely noticeable. I have a shelf over my monitor though and no lights above it, so it's kind of in a dark cavity.

jtf2

I set my lights to an orange-red colour, seems to help a bit with the eyestrain even though it's barely noticeable. I have a shelf over my monitor though and no lights above it, so it's kind of in a dark cavity.
hey good to know, my desk is an old ikea jerker with a shelf as well that sits over monitor

Latest posts