What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Upgrading from 4890 - which to get?

Nexile

I hadn't really planned to upgrade just yet but my girlfriend's 9800 just gave up so I'm going to give her my 4890 and get something new ^^ this happened a week ago and I was just going to get a 5850 and maybe OC a little but a friend told me to wait for the 6series. So I did and here I am. I'd just like a bit of advice on which exactly to get, the 6850 or 6870.. or even a 5850 ;\

I'm told the 6850 will be a little easier to overclock so I can get a bit more for my money but since I haven't really kept up with hardware in the last year, I'm much better off asking you guys ;p
The main thing I need help with is once decided on which video card, I'm not sure what model to get exactly. I generally order my parts from ncix but there's like 8 different companies with their own cards and I never know which one to take :(

budget: hopefully $250ish - give or take 50 ;p
specs:
i5 750 @ 3.6
4 gigs g skill something
asus p7p55d deluxe

I'd really appreciate any help! thanks a lot.

Nexile

Thanks for the quick replies but I really can't wait another week D: I told her I'd order the new card today, she's getting impatient being unable to play her games (one of the few negatives of having a gamer girlfriend.)

So you think I should get this HIS 6870 or that's just the review you're linking? I see the xfx 6870 is slightly cheaper with the rebate so would that be a better way to go?

Delavan

Go with the XFX HD6870, keep the gamer girlfriend happy...it brings dividends...

Latest posts