What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Upgrading to a New PC from Core i7-3770K

manson21

Purpose - Photo/Video Editing, Microsoft Access, Heavy Microsoft Excel, Streaming Media & Gaming.

Request Help on the Monitor - Love the Dell for the KVM switch as i can connect my XPS to it also would like everything 4K and while sticking to 32"

What do you guys think of this Build?

Bond007

So obviously you are going all out on this. Even with the expensive components I have a few thoughts:

1. Power supply is overkill. Even with those high end CPU/GPU, 750-850watt is more than enough. Some possible options while still going platinum like the one you initially picked:

2. That ram is very expensive for what it is. Sticking with similar latency and freq, and RGB:

3. With spending as much as you are, remember the 3950X is being released very soon. You could easily shave some money spend from lights etc to pay for the upgrade to a 16 core if that interests you. I only suggest it as this build is pretty high end.

JD

Staff member
On the RAM front, I guess you're going with 4 DIMMs for the look, but I think you'd be better off with 2x16GB instead so that you could upgrade to 64GB down the road.

I'd agree about the 3950X if you can wait for it and work it into your budget.

Latest posts