What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ups recommended ? mid range pc

Ilikeap

i have midrange pc

amd 3600
16gb
b450
570rx
nvme

and 3 monitors 2x27 and 17 inch

what APC ups should i get for just backup and brownouts?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
The largest you can afford.

But realistically you don't need a huge one for that setup, if all you'll be doing is saving and shutting down should a power outage occur.
You can stretch it further by not plugging in the extra two monitors to the 'backup' side, too.

lcdguy

Folding Team
trip lite is a decent brand, last year i needed a new one and went the refurbished route. I used excess ups to get me a apc smart ups 1000va and have been pleased so far.

Izerous

Folding Team
CyberPower has been my preference. Getting better lifetime before needing to rebuild batteries over the APC units. APC isn't bad either but they owned the market for so long with no applicable competition their prices got out of hand.

After living in an apartment with brownouts and watching an old PSU throw flames out the back and the smell of electrical burning in the middle of an EverQuest raid I bought the biggest one I could and with some kind of line filtering. Sinewave models are preferable for expensive equipment.

Latest posts

Twitter